Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you believe in past lifes?

Do you believe that we used to be someone else and there souls were past on to us?A really evil person may have been a murderer or something or a person who is good at dealing with problems may have been someone who suffered pain throughout there life. SO basically our personalities were maybe those of our former person...do you get where im coming from?Do you agree?

Update:

PS:THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD OR ATOMS, THANKS :D

Update 2:

more.....im not saying if someone was a murder thats making you one, it might make you slight twisted

Update 3:

and know i dont think im to god damn specila to die lord prince of sadness or wat evrer

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I believe in reincarnation and past lives. No, you aren't understanding correctly! The personality dies when the body does. The soul remembers the personality and so it exists as a memory...what the soul remembers never dies. You are your soul, no matter how many times you have had bodies or other lives - that is really who you are, is a spiritual being, created by God. The body is just a vehicle to experience life with. But even if you were a murderer or a saint in a past life, doesn't make you either a murderer or saint in this life. You see, in God's world, there is such a thing as moving on...not like here in this world where no one will ever let you forget what you did or did not do - once this life is finished, it is OVER, period! Finished! End of story. What you do in your next life, may or may not, have anything to do with the one you lived before - depending on WHAT YOU WANT! Yes, what YOU want. Think about that.

• 1 decade ago

Since this is a forum dealing in Religeous matters, I am going to answer from the Bible.

Reincarnation: According to this belief, when a person dies, the soul, the “real self,” passes on to a better existence if the individual has lived a good and proper life, but possibly to existence as an animal if his record has been more bad than good. Each rebirth, it is believed, brings the individual back into this same system of things, where he will face further suffering and eventual death. The cycles of rebirth are viewed as virtually endless. Is such a future really what awaits you? Some believe that the only way of escape is by extinguishing all desire for things pleasing to the senses. To what do they escape? To what some describe as unconscious life.

Bible: According to the Bible, the soul is the complete person. Even though a person may have done bad things in the past, if he repents and changes his ways, Jehovah God will forgive him. (Ps. 103:12, 13) When a person dies, nothing survives. Death is like a deep, dreamless sleep. There will be a resurrection of the dead. This is not a reincarnation but a bringing back to life of the same personality. (Acts 24:15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous) For most people, the resurrection will be to life on earth. It will take place after God brings the present wicked system to its end. Sickness, suffering, even the necessity to die, will become things of the past. (Dan. 2:44 “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Rev. 21:3, 4 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.  And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”) Does such a hope sound like something about which you would like to learn more? Jehovah's Witnesses will show you from your Bible.

Source(s): Bible watchtower.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The atoms that constitute my body used to be part of someone else. Many other people, in fact. There's no such thing as the soul.

• Mike
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No I personally don't believe it , because life doesn't recognize or care about our individual personality. it doesn't care if we were good or bad, done good or evil. born blond or black, named Mickael or Gaga !

"as above so below"

If this theory is true, then our blood cells reincarnates in our bodies right now! and

we would be living forever. sorry, not happening.

We just think that we too special to simply die. that's our problem and that's why we create all these theories to satisfy our ego.

Life reincarnates .. we don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. I often wonder the same thing.

• 1 decade ago

anythings possible. it certainly seems logical. but then again nothing is what is seems. *eery background music

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

-- Voltaire

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.