Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 decade ago

How to get very sharp detail in a photo (pic) ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellfast/4723528177/i...

I know how the quality of lens and the correct exposure is required to get a sharp image, but it just boggles my mine how SHARP this image is!

Is it because it's like an HDR? There's no EXIF data... :(

Favorite Answer

first, you need a tripod

Second, you need a sharp lens

Third, you need a natural talent

• Bob H

Look at the hi-lites in the pupils. That will tell yo where to position the strobes. That plus years of work.

this is good... in fact, its damn good, and i dont get to say that too often... but, you do realise its been photoshopped... from teh look of it, both brightness and contrast have been had at... and then someone over applied the unsharp mask.. this is what causes the speration, and almost 3d effect which we see here...

once you play about with photoshop, youll realise, this is a simple three click effect... BUT, its still a damn good shot... reminds me of Don McCullens book, Perspectives... in fact, id go so far as to say hes probably seen the same book... McCullen was one of my heroes...

Source(s): 41yrs behind a lens, 21yrs teaching

It almost looks like a mild HDR shot... but that is one helluva picture.