R4 questions, i have one what do i do wir?

Once I get an r4 for the DS what else do I do with it,do I just download Rom and it will work?

Yes and no. You do have to upload firmwear to your r4 (basicly dragging and dropping a folder) and then you can just put the rom on your ds and it works but alot of the newer games have anti piracy and the only way to play them would be to find a patch for them, update your firmwear or get a different flashcard. Ive heard of some other ones that can buypass the anti piracy on the roms but i dont know their names.

Source(s): 3 years with an r4

Depending which version you have go to one of the following sites...

r4isdhc

r41-sdhc

r4 (only for the original r4 I think)

then click the download link at the top of the page and choose the kernel you need. you'll need to unzip it with winRAR. Then copy the files onto your micro sd or micro sdhc using a card reader or adapter.

guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laJrxFxMLvQ

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

that's the guide that helped me. If you have a different card don't worry just apply the same principles to your card.