blondie asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Blue Buffalo dog food...price and reviews?

Hi! I've seen those Blue Buffalo dog food ads on TV and never really paid attention to them until one day, I decided to at least look at it (I was bored.) They didn't have Kibbles n Bits on the True Blue Test, so I looked it up myself.

AND I WAS HORRIFIED ABOUT WHAT I WAS FEEDING MY DOG!!

I couldn't believe I never thought to even think about what was in that dog food!! It's gross!!

So my boyfriend and I decided to try Blue dog food, since it's so much better. I can't find a price online, so I was wondering for anyone who uses this brand, what the cost is and what kind of results it has on your dog!

Please be detailed. I'm wanting to know if it's good and how much you spend on it. :)

We live in a small town. The nearest Petsmart/Petco is an hour away. :)

Favorite Answer

They sell it at Tractor Supply and the Petsmart near where I live (Fayetteville, NC)

I buy Taste of the Wild, its a bit more expensive but its my preference, Blue Buffalo is an AWESOME dog food though, it cost about 32 dollars for a 30 pound bag (this is an estimate)

Unlike other dog foods, there is more GOOD stuff in it, so a dog will actually need to eat less of a better brand than one of the cheaper ones.

While I dont use Blue Buffalo, I have noticed a significant change in my dogs since switching to Taste of the Wild (both are holistic, no grains or wheat, no food coloring and food is all human grade... no by products)

both of their coats are better, my pomeranian, who has food allergies, has stopped scratching, and my Pit farts less (YEAH!!!!) lol, both of my dogs LOVE the way it taste, they do not poop as much (less is going to waste)

Switching to a holistic dog food is an awesome choice, but know this foo is a LOT LOT LOT richer than what you have been feeding your dog, both of my dogs had BAD gas during the process of switching over and my Pit has some diarrhea the first day I started the process of switching, make sure to go slow, there should be instructions on the back on how to switch your dogs food over

Good luck!!!

• purkey

Blue Dog Food Review

Why don't you go to your local Petsmart or Petco since most of them carry this brand. A lot of people use this high quality brand because it is much easier to find than other brands who are only carried in local pet stores.

I was the same way when I got a dog a few months ago. I grew up with a Chihuahua mix and I never knew what the grocery brand dog foods had in them. Just awful stuff.

If you are worried about quality vs. price you can look into finding Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul dog food. I use this for my dog as well as my parent's Chihuahua and for the price it is fabulous. I have only ever fed my dog this food so I can not tell a difference in quality of life but my parent's dog's coat is shinier, he has more energy and actually eats it all up!

Sorry I can not help with the results of Blue Buffalo but you can look at www.dogfoodanalysis.com and choose all the higher quality foods there are. I wouldn't go with something any less than a 4 rating.

I've been feeding my dog Blue Buffalo ever since I brought her home. She's 2 1/2 yrs old & I got her when she was 7 wks. I started her on the kibble gradually mixing it with a bag of Purina the vet gave me. You need to do that for about a week. So whatever your feeding your dog now, just add about half of the new food so their tummies adjust to it. She has been pretty healthy, never has runny stools or allergies. We also buy the dog biscuits for her treats. I get her BB foods at Petsmart, I've checked out Petco and it was priced higher. We get the 15 lb. bag and it lasts more than a month it seems. I'm not sure of the exact price, I think it's 27.00.

• Anna E

They sell it at Tractor Supply store as well as petco. I buy the fish and sweet potato formula because my dogs have food allergies and pay $48 for a 30 lb bag. I tried several of the premium foods before settling on Blue Buffalo. Besides really helping the skin problems due to allergies, they have less gas than before I started feeding Bue

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

AND I WAS HORRIFIED ABOUT WHAT I WAS FEEDING MY...

Source(s): blue buffalo dog food price reviews: https://shortly.im/4GdBA

The bag my husband bought is about 8KG and was $67.00. It is expensive, only initially though. If you take into account that the dog eats far less of BB per meal then the other garbage food. Our Siberian was on Beneful, and was eating 6 CUPS a day, where as with Acana [another holistic] he is eating 3 cups. So the bag lasts twice as long. Not to mention they poop less, they're healthier all around, and they actually eat the stuff.

Our Doberman puppy was very peculiar about her food, my husband was feeding her Purina Puppy Chow until I was able to convince him otherwise. She will now wolf down her BB. Her weight is prime, her growth is prime, and she is happier, healthier, and more energized. BB is well worth the cost.

Then drive the hour out to get it - that's what I do.

Just a positive note here,

My Border Collie has essentially turned his nose up at every type of food (even raw) that we gave to him. (Not literally, he knew he was to eat it, but never "enjoyed" it)

Ever since changing to Blue Buffalo, he LICKS the bowl clean. That is a behaviour I had never seen him do before then.

I have fed the Wilderness formulas for a few years which has done well for my dogs. There is no one brand of food that works great for every dog - it is entirely trial/error to discover food is better for your dog. At Petsmart here I typically buy Wilderness bag of 11lb for $27 for 50lb dog which lasts a month of 1.5- 2 cups of food daily.

sure men just like long hair, it has all ways be the symbol of the excellent woman