car accident and cost $500 to repaint the bumper ?

I crashed a car in a paking lot. It was a dent on a left rear bumper. I didnt want to report to my insurance because i got in an car accident few months ago( i was 17 and juz turned 18). The owner took his car to mechanism and sent me a receive of her car repair. It costed $500 to repaint a left bumper ( Acura 2 doors). My dad told me that $500 can painting the whole car and told me to as the owner if I can pay only $300. I dont want my insurance goes up but also dont want they charge me that much. I wonder if they really cost $500 to repaint the bumper because the owner sent me a payment for her car and anyway that i can ask hhim to lower the cost. I took a picture of the dent after I crash it andn dont know if it can help for anything ??

Favorite Answer

First of all, a quality, reputable shop will laugh you out the door if you tell them you want them to paint a whole car for $500. A quality paint job an an entire car will start around $3,000.

$500 to repair and repaint a bumper is a fair price.

You have to figure in the time it takes to remove and install the bumper, around 2 hours.

The time it takes to straighten the dent, it's harder to straighten a plastic bumper than it is to straighten a steel panel.

Then you have to prime the repaired area.

Then sand the entire bumper and repaint it.

Plus the cost of materials.

If the other person has a receipt for repairs that is $500, that is the price you will have to pay.

Also, when it comes to body repair, it doesn't make a difference if they had it repaired at a dealership or an independent body shop. Unlike mechanical labor rates, collision labor rates are set by the insurance industry. Insurance companies take surveys in every geographical area and pay the area average, which all shops then use as their labor rates. The shops that charge more have to accept less because that's all that the insurance companies will pay, and the shops that charged less raise their rates to make more money. Figure in the fact that all shops use computerized estimating, which all estimating programs are within a few tenths of an hour of each other, and there isn't any difference between the two kinds of shops.

Source(s): 20 years experience in the collision repair industry. ASE master certified collision repair/refinish technician. ASE certified collision damage estimator. I-CAR platinum certified collision repair technician

Compare free quotes from dif companies at http://help.quotesdeal.net/-yulydOP154

RE Car accident and cost $500 to repaint the bumper ?

repaint a car differs...it depends on how big the area was, the type of paint color n such like that...if she also had a dent in the bumper than that cost money to fix as well so that was prolly added in to the cost of repaintingthe bumper as well....it isnt like they just paint over the one area on the bumper that the paint came off..they do the entire bumper so the paint matches throughout

It's possible that the owner got a friend or somebody to fix her with a bogus receipt. It is more likely that she just went to a dealership (that wouldn't be a really outrageous price), or even that a paint shop took advantage off her (also possible). Either way, you are responsible unless you can prove fraud. Explain your situation and hope the other driver has a kind heart because of the Holidays, or will let you work out a payment plan.

• Kenny

$500 is not unreasonable. Your deductible would most likely be $500 anyway. The guy is doing you a favor not reporting it. You rate will cost more than $500 over several year on the increased rate.

I recommend you this site to get quotes - COVERCOMPARE.INFO-

Get the best deals available in your area at: PROTECTIONQUOTES.NET

For free insurance quotes

• Dennis

$500 is about right at a good shop, Not Maaco.