Graham asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Question about Weight loss and body %?

Hi,

I am 24 male, and im about 215 pounds and im about 5`9. I think im around 26% body fat. I wanted to set a goal for the new year. My goal is to be down to 3% body fat, in no more than 1 full year. Is this possible or am i talking crazy?

Thank you in advance.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The most important is to take it step by step. You don't want to lose alot of weight fast and all at once because 1. You are losing water weight. 2. You gain weight more and faster that way. First, set your goal one by one, like first goal can be no fried food, second goal no sweets, third goat cut down carbs, etc. And while you are doing that EXCERISE!! Take it slow and day by day increase the amount you exercise. Also, eat three portion sized meals and three snacks (healthy snacks) a day. Sleep early and wake up early. Do your best and keep going! Do it for your health.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you are. 3% body fat is incredibly low, roughly the level professional bodybuilders are at in their competition stage - their most ripped. It's also pretty unhealthy at that level and can't be maintained for long. If you eat right and train hard - heavy weights and cardio - consistently there's no reason you couldn't hit around 10-12 % body fat. This will look good and be healthy =)

Source(s): Personal Experience and long time lifter
  • 5 years ago

Do 45 minutes cardio workouts a few times a week

• 6 years ago

keep a food journal and weight yourself regularly to track your progress

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

give your protein extra low calorie flavor by adding a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce

• 5 years ago

Better to avoid diet when you re under a lot of stress

• 5 years ago

not only will you get in some exercise you re less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement

• 5 years ago

Add nuts and chees to salad

• 5 years ago

eat an apple instead of bottled juice

• 5 years ago

begin a walking regime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.