Sun ☼Shine☼ asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Are there any good dog treats or dog treat companies out there you would recommend?

I try to be selective about the stuff my dog eats and I am shocked at all the crap that is in most of the major dog treats. What are some good companies that have healthy treats without so much junk in them? Are there any ingredients that aren't bad for a dog even though they have a long complicated name or should I just stick with ingredients I can read? lol He is a Spaniel.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Old Mother Hubbard, Merricks, Nature's Recipe, Mother Nature Natural Dog Treats ect... just a few off the top my head that my dog will dog anything for but use this website to look at all treat brands and food brands:

thepetfoodlist.com

• Me
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Natural balance dog biscuits are great. They come in a variety of flavors and are extremely crunchy (either that or my dogs are loud chewers lol)! If you want a soft treat, the plain duck or chicken jerky strips are great. Look at the ingredients on the packages and you will see that the only ingredient is dehydrated meat. OR if you have the time, you can make your own treats. That way you know exactly what is in them. Google "dog treat recipes" for ideas! Also, if you have a food dehydrator, you can thinly slice various meats and make a healthy dog jerky from them!

Source(s): My dog has food allergies, so ive had todo a lot of research on the subject
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Fetch This-Natural K9 Treats Always Begging 4 More

• 1 decade ago

Old Mother Hubbard dog cookies. All the ingredients are human quality. And so tasty too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

bil-jack. i use the food, and the treats. its all natural and fresh and good for dogs. ive been very pleased with it. the bil-jack frozen food is so tasty to my dogs that i have to throw it on the ground and let then scarf it down. if i tried hand feeding it to them im pretty sure i would have a nub for a hand. oh and if you want to try the little rubber bones, i think the nylabone brand. all my dogs adore the chicken ones

Source(s): i raise dogs and only feed then good stuff
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I get my 4 month old Jack Rustle Milk Bone (Hard). Also for good training and other treats I recommend Bill Jac.

• 1 decade ago

usually when i cook my food i will cook them up like some chicken, steak or what ever other kind of meat. i'll cut it up in to little pieces and use that as treats. i also use cheese sometimes.

• 1 decade ago

We have soup bones for cleaning their teeth, and we have Ambrosia treats. Holistic and affordable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I buy mine from amazon at http://amzn.to/cQfMLJ - you gotta love the price and my dog seem to really like it :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.