? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 decade ago

Eb Concert Scale And Chromatic Scale For Clarinet?

I'm trying out for district band and I need to learn the Eb Concert scale and the Chromatic Scale. Can anyone give me a link to the sheet music or the notes itself?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't need sheet music to play scales, all you need to know is the key signature and you're all set!

Eb concert is F major on the clarinet. You can work it out by going up 2 semitones from the concert scale (that's two keys on the piano if it helps to visualise that). The key signature of F major is Bb. So you simply start on F, then play each note but play a Bb instead of B natural.

F G A Bb C D E F (as many octaves as is required).

A chromatic scale can start on any note and you simply play every single note (visually it is like playing every single key on a piano, in order). I learnt E chromatic first, so that's what I am most fluent at, but you can start the scale on any note once you've learnt the fingering patterns.

E F F# G G# A Bb B C C# D Eb E (as many octaves as is required).

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Concert Eb is the Bb clarinet's written F, so you would play F G A Bb C D E F.

Then the chromatic scale simply uses all 12 pitches: C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.