? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 decade ago

Eb Concert Scale And Chromatic Scale For Clarinet?

I'm trying out for district band and I need to learn the Eb Concert scale and the Chromatic Scale. Can anyone give me a link to the sheet music or the notes itself?

Favorite Answer

You don't need sheet music to play scales, all you need to know is the key signature and you're all set!

Eb concert is F major on the clarinet. You can work it out by going up 2 semitones from the concert scale (that's two keys on the piano if it helps to visualise that). The key signature of F major is Bb. So you simply start on F, then play each note but play a Bb instead of B natural.

F G A Bb C D E F (as many octaves as is required).

A chromatic scale can start on any note and you simply play every single note (visually it is like playing every single key on a piano, in order). I learnt E chromatic first, so that's what I am most fluent at, but you can start the scale on any note once you've learnt the fingering patterns.

E F F# G G# A Bb B C C# D Eb E (as many octaves as is required).

• Greg

Concert Eb is the Bb clarinet's written F, so you would play F G A Bb C D E F.

Then the chromatic scale simply uses all 12 pitches: C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C.