Job References and Interview - notify past employers? or not?

I have this job interview next week. The interviewer ask that I submit 2 work-related references. I intend to submit a volunteer reference and another work experience. However, I don't know if I'll even pass the interview, references will only be contacted if I succeed in the interview. I already asked them to be my references before. Should I still contact my past references to let them know that they'll be contacted? Chances are, it would be a bummer that I failed the interview and they'll probably waiting to be contacted by someone. I really don't want to bother my references for every job that request references and never contacts them. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Just let them know that they may be contacted in the next couple of months. It just refreshes in their minds that this might happen. I got a job that said they would call my references and then never did. A heads up is always nice. Then if you don't get it, but apply to something else, your references already know that someone (keep it vague) will be calling.

you should be advantageous. even with in case you have not any pastime journey, you should start up someplace excellent? So in basic terms let them comprehend of any college activities or volunteer paintings that you've done. in case you probably did not do any of that then let them comprehend what features you've that can make you reliable for the pastime. because it really is a pastime straightforward they are going to likely have you ever fill out an application if you're there. also, do not get discouraged about no longer being called decrease back contained in the previous. maximum places want you to call them reason it shows you're wanting to get the pastime and that you want it the most. really of waiting round for them, get your self accessible and communicate over with the govtin man or woman or keep calling and asking the staus of your application. reliable success :-)