Christians, I have a question?

I am born and raised a Christian all my life, I am 19 years old, but lately I don't know, I have been doubting my faith recently, and just don't feel like a Christian anymore. How is it that Jesus was God, then died for our sins? How can a God die? I'm confused here, please help, thank you!

Favorite Answer

Here's why I don’t believe in any god

1) Supernatural explanations are ALWAYS replaced by natural explanations:

All of these things were once attributed to god(s) or spirits:

floods,

hurricanes,

the existence and movement of the Sun, Moon and stars,

the tides,

earthquakes,

disease and health, success or

failure of crops,

rain or drought, tidal waves,

eclipses, why children die, why women die.

All of this now is explained by science…

But number of natural explanations replaced by supernatural explanations???? ZERO

2) Inconsistency of world religions:

If God is so important and ever-present in our lives, why can't anybody agree on anything about God? If God is not important or ever-present, why does God matter?

3) God keeps shrinking:

In the Old Testament, God parted seas and made worlds. Now God seems to only give comfort to a few individuals (you apparently aren’t one of them.

4) Nothing supernatural has EVER withstood testing:

When someone claiming paranormal powers or a paranormal event agrees to have it tested, they ALWAYS fail and almost always claim the test was unfair. If gods are supernatural, and if no claim of supernatural has EVER survived testing, why should I believe in gods?

5) Our understanding of God never improves:

2000 years ago we had a bunch of different religious factions, all bickering or warring over their different interpretations of their gods. That is exactly what we have today. Our understanding of God never improves because there's nothing to understand. But over the same time period, our understanding of the natural world has grown:

- from huddling around a wood fire to harnessing the power of the atom;

- from witch doctors to eradicating smallpox and polio;

- from astrology to the Hubble Telescope;

- from mud huts to skyscrapers;

- from camels to Airbus;

- etc...

6) Complete lack of evidence

If a powerful god wishes our worship, he/she/it need only part a sea, write in the sky or do SOMETHING sufficiently grand and inexplicable, and all religions would unite, all bickering would cease, and all atheists would pray. If a giant voice boomed across the Earth and said "You must protect the planet, must never have more than 2 children, must help a person in need every day, and must stop burning coal and oil within 5 years or I will smite you all", the entire planet would unite in common purpose.

And if you have any good argument agaist any of these, let me know.

Source(s): Common sense.

Okay, the Trinity. This can be a tricky thing to understand, but...

Basically, Jesus was God, and also a human being, just like us. He was not a man-like god, nor a god-like man, but both at the same time. But, as a human being, he had the same powers and limitations as we all do. He tells us this very often - he had no special powers, just faith, and with faith, anyone can do as he did, or more (he told us that many times in the Bible). So, as he was human, he was born, grew up, learned, ate, slept, got sad/angry/happy like all of us. And, like us, he died. The really cool thing though is he came back to live. Now remember - he is human, like us. And, if he can come back to life, so can we! This is the Gospel, or "good news." He defeated death upon the cross, and we are all offered that same everlasting life that he showed us is possible.

The dieing for our sins part takes a history lesson: the ancient Jews who had sinned would bring a sacrifice to the Temple, and the priests would kill the animal/bird/whatever (the nature of which depended on the crime, and the wealth of the person), and this "blood price" that was paid would pay for the sin, and the person would be "atoned," or forgiven. Jesus is the sacrifice who paid the "blood price" for your sins. So, if you sin, and are sorry about it and regret it, you can be forgiven - you don't need to bring in a sacrifice, Jesus already did it for you.

So, Jesus is a man, and he paid the blood price for our sins, so that we can be forgiven. The other thing is though that Jesus is also God. He was not made new - he is of, and part, of God. But, many of us have trouble understanding God, and approaching him. But, we can easily understand a relationship with a person - we do it all the time. So, building a relationship with Jesus is much easier for many people. But, as Jesus is also God, you get there in the end anyway, but, by an easier path. It works for a lot of people!

1st let me say its completely normal to feel that way, I been through it too.

Remember He says in John 10:18 -No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." NIV... Jesus being God/man had the power to take it up again 3days later - John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." If u like rap then listen to Trip Lee, he can explain it better than i can but if u wanna talk or have any more Q/A look me up on FB http://www.facebook.com/Kzuna if u dont have one then http://www.myspace.com/1trux

Because Jesus is Gods son. God made jesus human to pay for our sins. Jesus was killed for our sins and God had his son die for us.

Jesus didn't stay dead. Ask yourself this question. Why are we the only living things in this world that worry about a God?

they are actually not Jews via fact Jew's do not have confidence the messiah has come yet. they don't have confidence Jesus so believing in Jesus and announcing your Jewish needless to say contradicts one yet another.... it relatively is unhappy that there are those Evangelist Christians that decision themselves "Jews". end this custom now, your disgracing the two Judaism and Christianity.

• Moi

The reason you are doubting your faith is that you appear to know so little of it. All this is described and explained in scripture. And to get and stay close to God you must read and study scripture regularly.

But your answer:

God temporarily placed a portion of his Spirit inside a body of flesh and blood. His name was Jesus. The Spirit was God but the body like yours and mine was ordinary dust. It was Jesus' body that died. His Spirit was quickened unto eternal life and he was given a resurrection body like all Christians will get when we pass over.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

Because God made himself fully human and fully God as Jesus, and being fully human, meant his human body could die. But, being fully God, could also be raised back to life after his ministry in the world of the dead was finished.

• Mythos

When you begin to realize that faith is a verb and not a feeling, you'll be on the right track.

We are not our flesh, we are souls which have flesh. Likewise, Jesus gave up His flesh and that is experiencing death. For Holy-Spirit filled Christians, to be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord.

www.allaboutgod.com

www.carm.org

I recommend reading the Book of John, Romans, Galatians, and Acts. It's not too long and very well worth it. It covers a large base of information that is crucial for all Christians to know.

You are welcome to browse through my profile of answered questions. The question you have asked I have answered many times before.