Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

should i use the orange or red spring from the transgo shift kit in my th350c tranny?

this tranny is in my 1985 monte carlo with a 355 with flat tops and 57cc heads intake manifold, cam, headers, four barrel carb and stock converter and gearing. this is a mostly street car but i want power and firm shifts.

• bo
    Favorite Answer

do you have the regular shift kit or the hi performance kit if regular kit then really won't do much not made for the engine you have the h/p will give you an idea on what you want and of course if you don't like it then not that bad to replace

FIRST OF ALL THE TRANSGO KITS OR OK BUT ALL THAT GREAT,,I LIKE THE FAIRBANKS,,IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PRESSURE SPRING I WOULD USE THE RED,,I THINK THATS THE STIFFER ONE,,,,,,,,IF YOU NEED TO KNOW GOOD UP DATES TO DO FOR THAT TRANS (I HAVE BEEN REBUILDING THEM FOR 28 YEARS NOW) EMAIL ME AT JIMJAM1969@GMAIL.COM OR CALL ME 434-470-6900,,BE GLAD TO HELP YOU,,MY NAME IS JIMMY