Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Does anybody know why Detroit is a dangerous city?

Favorite Answer

Gangs, Drugs, and nasty people. That's the cause of all the danger.

A city is dangerous because a select few choose to make it dangerous.

My parents went through unemployment, poverty and bleak prospects and never stopped being good citizens.

Those who choose violence don't have an excuse.

Yeah. What I never could understand is why they tell homeless people to, "go get a job!" It simply isn't that easy. Most people won't hire a person with a criminal record, and for some young kids in Detroit, crime is the only way to survive. So they tell them to clean up their lives even knowing that nobody will put them to work so.....

These companies see homeless people as trash. They have no regard for them or whether they live or die. So the end result is crime, and more crime. It is a chain reaction. Dysfunctional homes produce dysfunctional people. Dysfunctional people do not have as good of a chance as someone who has had a silver spoon in their mouth their whole life. I should know. I went through many years of violence when I was a kid. I was lucky. I turned out ok.

cause it's DETROIT. there is no employment, and no hope of employment, the only people left there are the ones that couldn't leave. drugs are rampant, and crime is the only way to survive.

Got too many criminals.

high level of poverty