I'm going crazy or am I crazy? I need help?

I have feelings for a friend who I think is the most amazing girl I've ever met. I know she is a friend but I want more than friendship. I care about her so much but I don't feel she care as much for me even though she says she does. I think about her all the time and I try to distract myself but it doesn't work very well. I'm constantly reminded of her by little things (perfume smells, names, experiences, etc.). When we're hanging out one on one things are great and I enjoy very minute but if other people are around I lose that connection with her. I want freedom from feeling like crap all the time because I can't except the fact that she doesn't want more than friendship. I don't know how to free myself from the thoughts, feelings, and my hope of us being more than friends.

We leave in two different states but we go to college together. Before this summer I told her about my feelings. She said she wasn't looking for a relationship. But while she was home for the summer she went on some dates and then told me we should stay friends (we're too different for a relationship). She currently is single and "content". Also she is graduating this year so more than likely I won't see her for a long while.

• KSC
    Favorite Answer

go for it

but slowly, but not too slow

The best relationships start as a friendship. For heaven's sake, ask this girl out. What are you waiting for? Don't be such a coward.

She may grow to want to be more than your friend, give it time. You are probably just shy when in public.