Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Husbands who have wives who dont work...do you ever come home to a dirty house?

thats all messy, toys everywhere, and nothing cleaned up or do you come home to a spotless house where everything is tidy...sometimes i dont think my husband cares if the house is always clean or tidy :(

disco stu isnt married.

Favorite Answer

Just be yourself. It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.

I have a 4 month old that screams all day long so my house is not always super tidy, but I also don't let it get too out of control. I was always worried that my husband was upset about a little mess but he never expressed any anger and when I asked him, he said he knows how exhausting my day has been. On his days off he takes over for me and watches the baby while I clean up the house.

Have your hubby switch roles with you for a day....he will understand what you go through and how it is near impossible to keep a sparkling clean house. Watching kids is a full time job, you don't work 8 hours and come home to a beer and football...you work 8 hours followed by another 8 hours and sometimes even a few more.....Mommy hood is omg stressful lol =P

Before I got pregnant I did all the house work, but around the last month of my pregnancy it took a lot out of me, especially sweeping...it killed my back.

So I would try to do the most I could and my husband would help me with what I couldn't finish.

Now that I am not pregnant I do everything and every now and then on the rare occasion I will ask him to help( nothing serious, just like put the wash in the dryer and place the dry clothes on the couch for me to fold..that's about it)

I actually have become pretty OCD about the way the house needs to be ever since I had my son....don't know how that happened but it did....its a good deal for my husband lol.

Yes, sometimes. It's about being flexible and what happens most of the time. I work part-time and I clean as well... however my husband does too and we share the responsibilities. We have what's called a "field day" in which we clean the house from top to bottom one day a week together and then work on maintaining it together and individually throughout the week. For example, if I cook, he does the dishes, etc.

• Livvi

when my kids were little and at home during the day the house could get wrecked if I let things sit for just a day or two. I always tried to do something to maintain order. My husband was pretty understanding though when things got out of hand.. We both like a clean house so we both work at it. now the kids help, they are teens.

• ignaz

WoW!!! properly i presumed MY husband replaced right into a mommas boy! you have married your self to an extremely immature mommas boy. The bible even says a guy is to leave his mom and father and cleave to his spouse. you are able to no longer stay as a married couple and make a kin if he basically desires to be up under his momma consistently. Is he nevertheless breastfeeding? in line with possibility thats why he's there each and every of the time LOL. Sorry yet for genuine, you will spend the remainder of your marriage in opposition together with his mom in case you do no longer positioned a supply as much because it now. i'm coping with that now and its a no win difficulty. I actually think of you are able to desire to evaluate different concepts and seek for a guy who's extra on your point.

• Norma

Time for the truth. Men don't care about a clean house. They want dirty sex. If you have lost that ability, you have lost him. Feed the kids at 4 and put them into their rooms. When the hubby comes home be dressed in a sexy nightgown and give him a beer or a glass of wine depending on his desire. Have a home cooked, candlelight dinner waiting for him. Don't do this every night. Make it special, maybe just once a week. Keep it exciting for both of you. Make your marriage a lifetime dating experience.

• Kaybay

I personally cleaned less when I didnt work. I got depressed being at home all the time. Now that I work I actually clean more so my hubby never comes home to a dirty house. :) although he cleans too. our work is 50/50

I keep the house clean while my husband works. However, when I get depressed over a fight, I rebel for one day and not clean up his mess. Let him come home and clean his own beer cans off the coffee table from the night before.

disco stu always comes home to a clean house. if there is ever any crumbs on the floor his wife will eat them up.

Source(s): yes he is. all he ever talks about is how him and his wife bang all the time and how hot his wife is. then those 2 dopes put their real pic on here and everyone could see how lumpy and fat and ugly they are.
  • George

I love to come home to clean house, and honestly it upsets me to see the house a mess. I feel that she should keep it clean since I have to work.