CareBear<3 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Peanut butter dog treats.?

after looking through some recipe; i found one that was healthy simple and easy. the only question i have is what oil should i use? it doesn't say a specific type of oil and i want to keep it healthy.

please answer asap!!! :D

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/2 cups white flour

1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)

1 cup water

2 tablespoons oil

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.

Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

and thank you for your help!!!

Favorite Answer

May sound gross but it works and its healthy..... fish oil ! (I use salmon or cod liver!)

It doesn't interfere with the flavor for our dogs!

ADD- I remembered that in some treats I use Flax seed oil!

Can you post the recipe- I'm always looking for more!

Thank you, I will try it!

Just note:

Canola oil-

It is bad for dogs- it is rapeseed plant and before being processed it is poisonous.Too much and it is really bad.

Olive oil-

Its good for the coat, just not as beneficial as fish oil or flax seed oil. (it would be my third choice?)

Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe Ingredients for Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe 1 cup water 1 cup quick cooking oats 1/4 cup butter — half stick 1/2 cup cornmeal 1 tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup milk 1/3 cup peanut butter 3 cups whole wheat flour How to prepare peanut butter dog treat recipe: Boil water in a saucepan. Add oats and butter. Let oats soak for ten minutes. Stir in the cornmeal, sugar, salt, milk, peanut butter, and egg. Mix thoroughly. Add the flour, one cup at a time (you may not need the entire amount) until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth, about 3 minutes. Roll to 1/2″ thickness. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Glaze: 1 large egg 2 tbsp. milk Mix well. Brush glaze on dough with a pastry brush. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. We hope you enjoy preparing peanut butter dog treat recipe.

Use Canola Oil or Veggie Oil :) both is good

Source(s): I make treats too

I'd use canola oil.