Generally, how many devices can be hooked up to a wireless G router?

I have a Cisco Linksys wireless router and I need to know how many devices can be linked to it. We already have 4 wireless devices hooked up and it works great. Is there a limit? Thanks

Favorite Answer

50 is a practical limit-but if you should ever get to 50 connected machines behind a residential router and a residential connection, it would slow everybody's internet connection speeds to a crawl.

Source(s): I'm a WISP

It depends on how your network is set up. It can be set in your settings panel, I'm sure, but the absolute maximum (at the moment) is 254 devices (not including the router itself). Put it this way, you'll never run out of slots.

• Lv 6

I don't think there is.. in general the limit only applies to how much bandwidth you have available on the connection, otherwise I'm pretty sure many devices can connect at once.

the router itself can probably handle at least 16 if not more.

the issue is that bandwidth is limited and if lots of people are trying to download lots of big files at the same time, you'll get lag.

Source(s): grampa

It should say in the manual. The one i have says up 50 devices. Check your manual.