I would like to help my grandmothers business?

My grand mother owns her own business, but uses index cards to hold customer information. It takes forever to find a customer because many have the same name. Im not the best with computers so I need help creating a program or I need to buy one if I can. Can anyone help me? Or tell what to do so I can help my grandmother run her business better?

Favorite Answer

MicroSoft Excel could help you and your grandmother. If you don't know how to use the program, check the local college or university for continuing education class in Excel to get the basics. It may cost you anywhere from $60 - $120 to get the Excel basics. The software itself cost you as much as $300. However, with Excel you can start a database where you can put your grandmother's customer information. Excel can alphabetize your customer list, you can update as often as you need to, you can scroll through the list pretty quickly to find who and what relevant information you need without flipping through index cards. Not to mention you no longer have to purchase the index cards and your information is electronic!

Hope that helps!

Source(s): www.khironbae.com and www.transitioningfromcorporate.com Khiron Bae is a consulting firm that helps companies with strategy and planning.