Does anyone know anything about William Chandler?

My Grandma has this lithograph Sighed by William Chandler. We took it to an appraisal they said to wasn't worth anything. I wanted to see what you guys have to say.

http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/fullCatalogueSE.asp?...

This one is a smaller version and this one is in color. The on I have is alot larger and in black and white. Any information on the Lithograph and/or William Chandler would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Chandler was a popular American artist of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He worked mainly in pastels, and his work was sufficiently popular to be mass produced as prints and lithographs and sold nationwide.He started the William Henry Chandler Company in 1887 for producing,framing,and selling his works.

the reason for the appraisal of your lithograph being worthless could be that it's a copy, one of those mass produced for wide sale,rather than an original. On the other hand,if the Chandler signature on it is an original (rather than a printed copy), it might have some value to a niche collector.