m1
Lv 4
m1 asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Rude bank teller.......?

Is it rude when bank tellers read your balance out loud and the whole bank can hear it? The bank teller read my balance out loud and people around me heard it-i was very offended. I told her politely to write it down next time but she didnt seem to like it. Should i have told the supervisor about it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So next time you go to the hospital would you like your nurse to announce loudly about your sexual status?Or your diagnosis?

Or the teacher announcing your grades to the whole class?

No, is not rude to announce your balance, is downright stupid and a breach of confidentiality

next time she does this to you, ask to speak to the manager

If you don't find the bank accommodating, find another bank with more trained employees to do business with

• 1 decade ago

Bank tellers fault.

You should have complained to the supervisor. Not because they made the mistake of saying your balance out loud. As that can be a simple error.

But more so because the teller did not acknowledge that error, and continued to ignore your request if writing it down next time.

There is nothing wrong in making an error, everyone does it at some point. Its when you dont acknowledge it, is when your failing the customer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The bank teller violated customer confidentiality by publicly disclosing your account balance, an action that will result in the teller facing disciplinary action. I would have reported the matter immediately to a manager.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Well the just have different policies. The people from one bank want to see a legal document to prove it was you, and the other bank doesn't need to. Also, give the poor woman a break. She's probably been working behind the that counter for ages,, and maybe she was just tired. No offence, but it kind of sounded like you're the rude *****.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • robin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It would not happen twice in a British bank,the teller would be reprimanded and taken of the line to work outside in the machine room or maybe sacked.

Source(s): I worked in a bank.
  • Rena D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Call the bank and ask for the manager and tell him or her. The teller had some nerve being pissed at you. She was at fault. Have a Merry Christmas anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, that's private, she should have just printed out your balance for you.Report it to a supervisor..you can just call the bank and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager and give them them her name or description..she will probably be written up for it.

• 1 decade ago

She must be new because tellers never do that! They always just write it down to avoid just that.

It doesn't matter how much or how little you have, it's still nobody's business.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea, then report it to the regional supervisor...banks don't like negative feed back..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow, jerks these days, anyway, if you were very offended by you should have contacted the supervisor.

Source(s): um, life?
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.