Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do you think what you believe is right?

Maybe someone else is right.

Favorite Answer

There are as many senses to what is "right" as there are to that in which one can "believe." However, based on the section in which this question is posed, one must accept that there can't be true spiritual "belief" without a sincere consideration for that which is the True Spirit -- Whom is called The One True "God." As such, there can't be a related "right" belief unless it is in absolute relation to what that God specifies as "right" in His Word.

Thus, Jeffrey has the correct answer. However, is it really true that he believes what God believes? Ah, now there's the question! ;-) There are many Christians who are going to find out that they do NOT believe as God believes. God the Son said so:

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?' And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.'"

Some would say, "Why does the Christian/Islam/Jewish God have to be the One True God." In the first place, none of the other gods claim to be the creator god. They are the god of this or the god of that, but never the god of everything. Only The Creator God will know what is best and "right" for His Creation. So, why the Christian God and not the Islam or Jewish God? Well the Creator God, being the God of everything, isn't going to tell one group of His Creatures to kill off another group of His Creatures merely for not believing (as claimed for the Islam God) or reject one group of His Creatures merely for not accepting the religion of another group of His Creatures (as claimed for the Jewish God).

Now, I know that some groups have perpetrated much fraud in the name of the One True God. But, the True Christian God invites all of His Creatures to accept Him. Any of His Creatures whom are "lost" will not be so merely because they did not believe or were of another religion. Instead, they will be "lost" because, even when shown another Way, they have willfully and stubbornly continued to live a life which violates that God's Character -- which is to truly love everybody and everything. Those that are lost will be shown, in the end, how their lives were lived in violation of this one, eternal fact.

God bless.

• Anansi

"Why do you think what you believe is right?"

Yes (this means because it is what i believe)

"Maybe someone else is right."

Sucks for them, i'm right

my belief is relative, it all depends on the resources at hand.

When anyone believes what God believes, then their beliefs are right. I believe what God believes, so I believe my beliefs are true.

Maybe they are. I don't necessarily claim what I believe is right, however, I merely reject the claims of others without empirical evidence for those claims.

Source(s): Agnostic atheist

Jesus gave me the faith to believe in Him for salvation and the Bible. I couldn't do it without Him. =)

• Elated

It's a little thing called faith.

• Sam

My beliefs are based on facts, how can that be wrong?

• Jade

Good question.