Obama and Clinton are looking out for the middle class and poor with good morals. Reps dont understand that?

You will give money to churches who help the poor....(sounds like its just to promote your religion)....but if the government helps the poor ohhh nooo..."now the poor are taking advantage of the system!"...I have used unemployment and have gotten off of it!...We pay into it so that if we fall down we have a safety net to get back up on our feet...not everybody uses the system!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, that is a fundemental contradiction of the Republicans.

On the one hand, they say charity is a good thing.

On the other, they say government charity is a bad thing. Why do they say this? At first they will say because giving aid to the poor makes more poor.

When you point out churches have been aiding the poor for centuries, they then say it is too much overhead.

When that is explained to them to be false, they then say, well, people are abusing the system. When it is pointed out to them that Christian Churches don't give mean tests for soup lines, they then turn off the channel, run away, turn off messaging, and read their Bibles.

• andy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There is a huge difference of using something that is a safety net such as unemployment. I have used it twice before. My last one was for the month of August before I landed a new job. I could have turned it down but it is not worth sitting at home.

Also, there is a big difference between volunteering to give money to help out others and being forced to help out those that don't want to help themselves. I have worked with people in the past who knew to the dime how much he could earn before he has to quit his job so he would maximize his EIC.

Also, I find it funny how it is morally correct for the Government to spend my money but it is wrong for me to spend my own hard earned money. Then if you are really successful and employ thousands you are really evil.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Huck supporters refuse to admit he's an extremely liberal while it includes raising taxes and spending. no person can produce any hard evidence that it is not genuine via fact such evidence does not exist. A spender is bankrupting our us of a right this moment. we don't choose yet another one via fact the greenback is plummeting via fact we are spending money we don't have. Why do you think of Toyota only overtook Ford via fact the variety one vehicle maker in u.s.? Why is China's call on each and every kin contributors merchandise that we very own (it somewhat is that if it is not made in Japan)? Why is that China is backing us right into a nook over this new satellite tv for pc killing airplane they produced and we are able to do not something approximately it? it relatively is via fact we owe them trillions and that they very own us. Bush is a liberal spender and have been given us into this mess. we've lots debt that different international locations are placing out to not take the greenback as a suitable forex. (i.e. India) The greenback is valueless to them.... do you have any thought what which means or the ramifications of it if we don't turn this component around??? i assume not via fact the sheep nonetheless vote for Huckabee whilst their us of a is ruined by making use of he and his friends liberal exorbitant spending and borrowing from our enemies. basic tax is valueless once you do not shrink spending. we are able to all pay the comparable only multi function tax. We could desire to diminish this us of a's responsibilities to diminish taxes. all of it comes from someplace, the two borrowing, taxation, or inflation. money does not develop on timber. Ron Paul 2008

• 1 decade ago

So people voluntarily giving is the same as the government forcing them at gun point to give? All taxes are collected at the point of a gun and if you don't believe this tell the government your not going to pay your taxes and see if the guns don't come out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Wait a minute. Just who the hell is president of the United States,Bill Clinton or Obama!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not a question of whether some people don't abuse the system. The problem is that it is a system that can be badly damaged (ie. cost to the economy) when only a small percentage of people abuse it. Add to that the fact that a large percentage will abuse it, and it is clearly a bad idea.

Fundamentally, what it comes down to is that rewarding failure and punishing success leads to more failure and less success.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

republicans are enablers of the zionist agenda of greed . if something doesn't help the rich get richer , they view it as a bad thing .

• 1 decade ago

CORPORATE AMERICA USES 150 BILLION A YEAR OF CORPORATE WELFARE

• 1 decade ago

Lol.. you just go one believing that... ha ha ha!

• 1 decade ago

republicans dont give a crap..they got tax cuts for millionaires...and its going to pass on teh democratic watch...so they dont have to take responsibility for the debt it incurs

they WON BIG

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.