Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Ex-boyfriend raped me?

3 years ago, my boyfriend at the time and I were sexually involved, but I was only 15 and wasn't ready. A lot of the sex we had was me being pressured and forced, and I broke up with him after two years because he was sexually, verbally, and emotionally abusive. There was one night in particular where I know now that I was raped, and would rather not go into detail, but I've only just come to realize and accept that he did rape me. I've found that I have problems that I feel are a direct result from two years of that relationship as well as the rape, but I can't move on. I'm finding it very difficult to move on and forget this. Anyone have suggestions as to how I can move on, other than counseling?

Well, rape is something that is hard to overcome alone. I know you said other than counseling, but you must talk to someone. Tell your parents, the police, a teacher at school, someone you truly trust to help you through this. As for him, you need to make sure that you never see him again. If you have to, this will not help the healing process at all. You need to realize that whatever happened was not your fault, you are not responisble and that this guy should be in prison. the worst thing you could do isgo through it alone and not tell ANYONE. The longer you wait to tell someone what happened and take action, the worse you will feel. Good luck, honey.

Like what you read? Add my group on facebook for more tips, ideas, and help about boyfriends, potential boyfriends and the like. Look for Myname Ishelp or My Boyfriend Sucks!

I'm really sorry for what you went trough; it must be really traumatizing to experience something like that. I actually know someone who has been assaulted and raped by her boyfriend. Just like you, she felt that she couldn't move on, but eventually she did. What helped her is she did her best to get involved in activities that distracted those recurring thoughts. She said the biggest help is to hang out with her friends and forming new healthy friendships with others has helped her a lot. Hang out and talk with friends that you are very close to and if those options don't work, try to seek some sort of therapy.

I'd say counselling as much as it sux because if you start dating again you'll only drag those problems with you into the relationship and it's not fair to the new guy. I'm telling you this from personal experience my girlfriend has had a similar experience and she's trying to work through it. It's just going to take tim and someone there to help you work threw it.

Other than counseling?

Well, they say death cures everything, so there's a point to consider.

Come on, what do you expect us to tell you? That there's a miracle memory erasing herb growing in your vegetable garden? A special dog species can lick you and heal your emotional wounds?

Either deal with it yourself (which is always the best choice, but requires a smart and strong individual) or get some professional help.

I hate that word and the action i feel for you because i cant stand that crime, it makes me feel sick but unfortunatly whats happened cant be changed, you just have to be careful not to find another guy that will do that too you or only wants sex from you, try doing things in your life, do stuff you like around new people ect anything that doesnt make you think about it, i do feel for you and i hope you move on from it soon

good luck =]

thats unfortunate, i had an experience that still is emotionally horrible, not a rape but still, honestly time works it really does get better not by much. you will always remember it theirs nothing you can do to completly forget it, but therapy really would help.

Other than COUNSELING, or TELLING YOUR PARENTS, or TELLING SOMEBODY, you can go to sleep and dream about a magical rape elimination fairy.

Tell someone. That's serious.