Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

I wanna start a band, but im scared people might say i copy hayley williams?

I would like to be in a band, but i don't want people to say we copy paramore! Me and Hayley sort of have the same style, but i don't copy her in any way. I like certain things because i like it, not just because anyone else does.

My singing is actually extremely different from Hayley but we sort of have the same styles. By styles i mean stuff like dyed hair, our clothes, and ect.

oh and by the way i personally have nothing against paramore, and i think Hayley is a wonderful singer. ^^

Favorite Answer

I'm going to be completely honest with you; people will say what they want. Personally, I don't compare bands to each other until they themselves mention a comparison, or the similarity is in the music, not the look, because it's better to keep it all separate. Most bands with girl singers nowadays are told that they're copying Paramore / Hayley Williams, it doesn't matter who the singer is, or what she looks like, or even how she sings in some scenarios.

You should go for it if it's what you want to do. Critics will be critics no matter what. If you know that your voice is different than hers, then use your voice to prove to the critics that you're something special. Never let what other people say determine who you are, or what you do!

So, people will say what they want, but in the end it's how you handle it, not what they say that makes you, you!

Cool! I guess you need to come up with a name for your band. Then the way you dress, like emo, or whatever, then sing songs that matches the singer the best and don't sing it the exact same way the song is. Spice it up a lil and then whenever you feel like it, write some songs, decide how this and that's gonna sound and all that. And last but not least, ROCK ON BABY! Good luck anyways!

Start the band! Life is WAY to short! I am kind of shy and really stage fright, but I love to sing, though I only sing in the shower and car, and I got a guitar last Christmas and I am nervous about taking lessons! I hope one day I have the confidence to even THINK about starting a band!! Hope I helped! Good Luck!

That's ridiculous. Forget about the outside world, and just do what you like, with no concern about what others think. Don't be pretentious in your music or lyrics, and people will dig that about you guys, whether they're into your tunes or not.

Peace.

Uhhh.... ok, then quit copying Hayley Williams.

• Will

Everyone emulates their idols, you'll develop your own specific style later.

start one if its what you want to do

Go for it. =P