Does the nikon d80 have a display screen?

I was wondering if it had a display screen to show you settings like the d5000 or d90, like how you can press the info button?

Oh, and how do you turn it on?

Favorite Answer

The on/off switch is located directly under the shutter button.

The top LCD screen displays several important settings; the back LCD screen is used for the menu and reviewing your shots, and if you remove the lens you have a cup holder.

You can download the manual at the Nikon website and read an in-depth but dated review here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/

Source(s): My wife owned one until it was stolen in Chile.

The Nikon D80 was made in a time where live view wasn't as common as it is now. Unfortunately, the Nikon D80 doesn't facilitate live view, you are going to have to use the Viewfinder. The only Nikon Digital SLR's with live view are the D3, D700, D90, D300, and the D3x in production. Those models were released in mid-2007 to mid-2008. I don't see the camera not having live view as a disadvantage. Could you imagine holding the heavy pound and a half D80 with heavy lens at arm's length? That would definitely be a little awkward. Don't worry, you will get use to the viewfinder, i find framing just as simple. Happy Shooting Merry Christmas Nathan

I would think that pretty likely.... It won't have live view though.

Source(s): D70S and D3 user