Engine vibration sound?

My car just turned 8 & 101k miles. I've noticed a vibration sound in the engine when I accelerate, just between 2 and 2.5 rpms (still or moving). It reminds me of the sound kids make when they're 2 and go through their pursed lips 'phase.' Acceleration does seem hindered. Hyundai Accent GL 1.6 L. Just had it smogged in May, so I don't think it's the exhaust system. No engine lights. The sound is def. in the motor, in front of me, not under or behind the car. Any ACTUAL ADVICE appreciated.

• J J
    Favorite Answer

Could be anything from an exhaust manifold gasket leaking to a loose heat shield on the exhaust system. If it is constant how hard would it be to fine? Have someone hold the RPM up to where it makes the noise and look for it.

Yeah, it's not exhaust related, sadly. I've taken it to the mechanic before and it was hard to reproduce. I did some more research around the internet and it seems like one or more of the pulleys on my timing belt is failing. I will update when I find out, as soon as I have the money to have someone take it all apart and look.

same vibration on my accent. thought it was exaust but its not. starts at 2004 revs. annoying /