Is finding out the girl you have been talking to is a Virgin a deal breaker for a relationship with her?

I have been talking to this guy for about 4 months we are both 25 and all has been going very well in fact he has even told his mom about me.

However we came very close to having sex the other night, but we did not do it. I finally came clean and told him I was a virgin because we don't like keeping secrets from each other . He was sorta surprised but he knew something was up. He said he was glad I told him and he dose not want anything to change between us in fact he said he respects that Im a virgin and he held me the rest of the night.

Earlier on I told him I had sex before because I did not want to sound lame being a 25 year old female virgin however I would feel more comfortable having sex with somebody I was in love and in a relationship with.

Yes Im very outgoing, smart, talented and attractive lol but yes Im still a virgin because I choose to be! lol

My question - Is finding out that the girl you have been talking to is a Virgin a deal breaker for a relationship with her?

Favorite Answer

nope, it would make me even more pleased to be with you

In your way of thinking, it would be deal breaker for you if he hadn't been in love before?

Sex and lies. A bad combination.

Not to worry as much about the SEX as much as the LIE.

He has a right to wonder what the next lie is going to be. Like you say you care for him. Or that he really is wonderful. See how it changed everything?

He's moping and depressed from not getting sex after all that. His pals would be merciless if they ever found out. He questions his manhood because you weren't swept away.

So you have to tell him how important re-building his trust is to you. That you respect what a MAN he is to care for your feelings.

Do some rebuild. He's still feeling a little down over this.

You're running around worried about yourself (virgin, oh my) instead of him. Get outside of your own worries.

• ?

I was a virgin until the age of 21. I was smart (1st in my class), educated, outgoing, self assured, attractive, drug free, and morally pure. I was drugged and gang raped because I wouldn't sleep with men (that's what the jackas*es said.) I was that way because of moral conviction. I didn't want to sleep around. There is NOTHING wrong with being a virgin, as long as you desire to eventually sleep with the right person, and not remain one for life. I dated my now husband for 4 months, and lived with him for 2 months, before he got any. I even tried to scare him away with a baby name book, to see if he was a keeper. He was. I knew it, when I had the flu, was vomiting in the toilet, and he told me he loved me:) It is an admirable quality to remain a virgin in today's world. It is a precious gift you can give the right man. A man who would think less of you for it, isn't a real man, or a man you want in your future. The reaction that your bf, is one of respect. You may just have a winner on your hands.

The best of luck to you!:)

Source(s): married 13 years.
  • huang

No, this is not a deal breaker. You mentioned this and that i presumed it became quite profound. "i might sense greater delicate having intercourse with somebody i became in love and in a relationship with." That shows you have morals and self comprehend, this is a super plus for everyone. a guy well worth having will see those characteristics.

I don't know why it would be unless all he is looking for is sex, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Even then, that might be a motivator for him to be "the first".

You are the only one who can decide when it is time to lose your virginity. Just make sure that you are ready and that you have chosen someone worthy of you.

• K K

Since when is it a bad thing to be a virgin ? A deal breaker ? No, that would make her a definite prize !

I would just want to know WHY you were a virgin.

1. Personal conviction, or lack of anyone you really wanted to have sex with: OK

2. Some psycho reason: Not OK.

Want me to take care of that for you?

Every guy is going to have his own response to this, but generally "is" is not a dealbreaker. Everyone starts out that way.

"Determined to remain so", however, could become a significant bone of contention. But that's for you to sort out.

A deal breaker? If two people love one another, there is no deal

• ?

Well if you have seen him since you told him then no

He must have respected your honesty

And will wait until your ready

No it will probably improve the realtionship.

Good Luck,