Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 1 decade ago

how do you make the paper mache part for a pinata?

i want to make a small softball sized pinata with my friend, but i have no idea how. any suggestions?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to http://familycrafts.about.com/od/makeapinata/How_t... Winter’s recipe is inaccurate and I think that you might ruin a pot, especially if you add glue. A cooked mixture is 1:5 water and flour, and an uncooked mixture is 1:2. Or you can add a bit of each until it is a little thicker than milk.

• 4 years ago

To make Paper Mache purely upload flour and water at the same time in a bowl. a million cup water a million/4 cup flour 5 cups gently boiling water blend flour into one cup water till mixture is skinny and runny, stir into boiling water. Slowly boil and stir for 3 minutes. determine you enable it cool in the past utilising. Take your newspaper when you have torn it into strips, then dip it in the mixture and soft it on with extra of the mixture. i got here upon that utilising balloons taped at the same time or skinny bins will assist you to have the interior hollow. you ought to use purely approximately something, based upon what shape you choose on. Remeber its purely flour and water and could freshen up definitely. in case you utilize balloons, purely depart a small establishing, pop the balloon while merchandise is dry then you definately can pull the balloon out definitely. make advantageous your pinata is thoroughly dry in the past portray, using fact it may crush definitely. have exciting and luxuriate on your Christmas!!

• 1 decade ago

Once you've made the paste Winter described, tear strips of newspaper, soak them in the paste, and cover a balloon that's the size you want the pinata to be. It's best to work slowly, letting thin layers dry before adding the next layer.

Once it's completely dry, pop and remove the balloon.

• 1 decade ago

You make a mixture with flour and water, equal parts, and you boil it. You can also add a little elmers glue when the mixture has boiled.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.