Brandi asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

when do near sighted people need to wear their glasses?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a good question. If it was known why then surely they wouldn't have to.wear glasses

If you mean why they have poor vision the answer is that their eyeball changed shape and became elongated. The reason for this happening doesn't seem to have been investigated much.

It could be that allowing the eyeball to deform and the consequence of more people having poor vision is beneficial for the optical industry.(due to the sales of glasses in high street stores etc.)

• 1 decade ago

Depends how nearsighted you are. If it's only a mild case, you might just need them for activities where you need good distance vision, like school and driving. Always wear them for driving, even if you don't feel like you need to. If it's a more severe case, you'll probably have to wear them all the time. I'm really nearsighted and need my glasses to see more than about two inches away from my face.

Source(s): I've been nearsighted all my life.
  • 1 decade ago

I would say all the time. Near sighted means you cant see far away, and thats not good, lol.

I would say especially when at school (seeing the board if your in the back), or a movie theater, etc.

Source(s): Im near-sighted.
  • 1 decade ago

All the time

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kevin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Whenever they want, or need, to see clearly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.