Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

I have black/purple-ish stuff coming out of my vagina... WTF is this ?

I haven't had sexual intercourse yet, but after I get my period I have this black/purple-ish stuff coming out.. It's only at the VETY END of my cycle. That's how I know that it's pretty much over, but it's still pretty scary to see.. What is it ? Please help me ! Could it be an STD ? Thanks !

Favorite Answer

Hi well u really need to seek professional medical opinion and tests etc then u will know for sure one way or another , Trying to diagnose here is fraught with danger OK Cheers ♥

Source(s): ER Nurse

Okay, you say it is at the end of your period. Providing the rest of your period is normal i.e. red blood then this black/purple stuff is probably just 'old blood'. It is much darker in colour as it has much less oxygen in it. It sounds pretty normal. Old blood (i.e. the black/purple blood) often can come at the beginning and the end of your period. As with anything of this nature, if you want to get it checked out then do (you could simply ask to speak to a Nurse rather than visit your Doctor). If you have other symptoms of not feeling well then it is always best to see a Doctor or Nurse.

These things can be quite scary at first but I am sure you will be fine. Men just don't understand the dilemma's we women have to put up with!

• Cooker

It is absolutely not an STD, nor is it the ridiculous "blue waffle" that some folks keep posting on Yahoo Answers in the hopes that you will search for it--access the site--and infect your computer with malware/spyware/viruses.

What you are seeing is just the normal residual stuff that lines the uterus in preparation for a pregnancy. It is the oldest and last part to shed from the uterus at the end of the period.

Perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about whatsoever.

She's normal. It happens to all girls. Info for you: Once you start puberty a white and/or clear wet mucus discharge is normal and it will CONTINUE. In my day they just called it discharge, now they call it cervical mucus/leukorrhea. It's part of the female reproductive cycle. The vagina is self-cleaning. This same discharge increases the closer you get to ovulation and when you are sexually aroused. Trust me, you don't ever want it to go away. It is what makes sex possible. You will also have your own unique musky scent and it will smell stronger to you than to others. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, illness, medication and even diet can effect your scent. This normal discharge will also continue after you get your period, after puberty and for the rest of your life. Some girls do produce more discharge than others. You can wear a pantyliner if it bothers you. The amount and consistency can vary due to hormones, diet, water intake, exercise, illness and medication. Your normal white/clear discharge will turn yellow or dry yellow when exposed to air. If it is coming out yellow, then you probably have a bacterial infection and need to see a doctor. Different Types of Discharge: White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection. Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating. Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising. Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor. Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown. This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Different types of infections, which a girl can get at any time: Signs of yeast infections: White, cottage cheese-like discharge Swelling and pain around the vulva Intense itching Buy Monistat 7 over-the-counter Signs of bacterial vaginosis: A white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge A fishy odor that is strongest after sex or after washing with soap Itching or burning Slight redness and swelling of the vagina or vulva See a doctor

I am not completely sure but I would believe that maybe its the remains of the egg that has been discharged. When you have your period, your body is expelling the dead egg that was supposed to be fertilized. It could be what is left from your period. You should ask a doctor though because I am not positive nor have I ever heard of that exactly and it could very well be an STD depending on how long you have had this for.

Sounds like you just gave birth to some Cosby kids.

It could be an STD. If you're not sure, talk to your doctor about it.

Source(s): experience

tried blood doosh doosh

yes this is definetly an std.. i wouldnt worry bout it too much, yal probably be fine but it cud be blue waffle