Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

I think my 13 year old brother is upset..?

yesterday our grandmother got put into hospital and they found brain swelling. Ever since i picked him up from school his been playing this one video game constantly he wont come out to eat and he doesnt tell everyone to come in and watch parts of the game. Which is unheard of he eats like a whale shark normally.

Our parents are away at the hospital or with our grandfather all the time. So i have to deal with this situation.

I dont know what to do he wont come out of that room or eat. Do i keep going in and offering food atleast?

Favorite Answer

He sounds like it's a rough time. Give him space, some people don't want to get closer when they're upset. It's only been a day or two, but you can still offer food. Talk and listen.

Source(s): good luck

I am really sorry about what happened to your grandmother. This really explains your brother's behaviour. Teenagers find these type of problems very hard to handle, especially if they are very close to the person. I would suggest you not to leave him alone for too long. If he needs some space, leave him from time to time, but try to spend as much time as you can with him. He is depressed and took the news of your grandmother's illness very badly. I think that you should probably show him that you too are being affected by what happened. Show him that it is difficult for you too, and that he is not the only one who's sad. Talk to him, and I am sure that he will open up if he feels like you understand what he is going through, and that you are going through the same thing. He will try to support you and hence start talking and he will eventually feel better. Boys find it very difficult to show their feelings, they need that little push to help them open up. Be there for him, and I am sure he will be there for you too, that's what brothers' and sisters' are for.

I am not saying that this is going to work, but it's worth a try.

Hope things get better for you two and your family.

seems like youve got a situation. sorry but the only way this is gonna work is for you to tell your parents. he's gotten the worst already and he still does it. if you dont tell your parents now, they wont stop him from using the computer, and if they dont then perhaps this will grow into [if it already hasnt] a very serious sex addiction. you can prevent it by just telling your parents, whose anger will scare him and theyll stop him from using the computer for a while which will give him a withdrawal until he doesn't need the porn anymore. don't let this turn into a bigger problem. PLUS, your mom could get fired if/when they find out about that porn he watched at her work. no joke, fired right on the spot. let's hope he doesn't do it again, for her sake, if not for his. if you dont tell your parents you are losing in everyway. face your fear and look at the greater good.

Definitely depressed or very upset. If he allows you to, you should go and talk to him yourself and ask why it's bothering him. If that doesn't work, you should ask your parents to talk to him when they have the time. Yes, go in and keep offering him food. Even though he is upset, he still has to try and eat.

Source(s): Old expierence

Tell your parents everything you are seeing. Immediately. Sounds like depression and its not healthy. I would keep offering him food as well, or offer to sit down and talk to him.

Source(s): Myself

He is upset. Remember he is thirteen. Just give him some space, and he will come around when he is ready. just keep an eye on him.

• Amy(:

Make him some food that he really likes and snacks, leave it with him & tell him you know how he feels and if he wants to talk, your there for him.

try 2 talk 2 him

• Devin

He sounds Depressed talk to your parents or a close relative to help him...

Source(s): I use to be depressed