What food that makes you think of Christmas?

Like a certain type of cookie, cake, etc. I was just wondering what food comes to mine when you hear the word Christmas?

When I think of Christmas, I automatically think of these decorated Christmas sugar cookies that we do every year. Its our tradition.

So what food or drink makes you think of Christmas?

• Favorite Answer

Hot chocolate

stuffing

turkey

sugar cookies

toffee

candycane

orange

:) Merry Christmas

Candycanes, Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread cookies

• Demi

Lutefisk. I'm Scandinavian and eating lutefisk during Yule is an old tradition in many Scandinavian families. Sadly, most people don't like lutefisk and my friend Sylvi has clear memories of running away from one of her aunts. "You can't open your presents until you eat your lutefisk!" "WAAAAAHHH! I don't want any presents!!!" I hear about it every Yule season as she ponders if she's going to have to hide in the snow to avoid the horror that is lutefisk even though she is now in her 40's. lol!

However, I make good lutefisk and people who don't usually like it actually enjoy mine. Of course if my Mother came out to visit me where I am living right now and stay for Yule, she would be horrified and say something like "This is bull**it! Lutefisk is supposed to be clear grey!" and even more horrified when she tasted it. In other words - my lutefisk doesn't look or taste like lutefisk. Now THAT takes skill! :-)

For me, Yule will always mean we're having lutefisk and lefse with cream or butter sauce (among many other things). It's what we call "the Norwegian burrito" at my house though I suppose we could also call it the "Yule burrito" since that's the only time I actually make lutefisk unless someone asks for some. Which is very, very rare.

Source(s): Nordic expat in California who wishes you a very early "god jul!" (good Yule)

Peppermint Cookies!

Roast beef and potatoes:)

and butter cookies of course<3

A certain food is my mom makes Snowballs I don't eat them just when my mom is making them I know Christmas Is here:)

MMM...Sugar cookies:)

A drink? Eggnog:)

Source(s): Happy Holidays

Hot chocolate

Christmas cookies

candy canes

cheesey potatoes

being an Aussie, I'ma say BBQ. anything that has been cooked on a barbie is totally Christmas.

also beetroot 'cause the first time i tried it was at Xmas lunch with my nan.

Oh! and ham!

and prawns! i hate prawns though.

peppermint bark, reindeer cookies, hot chocolate, gingerbread, potatoes, gravy

Source(s): eating things around christmas time

Ham

Ginger bread cookies

Egg nog

Candy cains