Increased thirst and frequent dehydration with hypoglycemia?

I have hypoglycemia so I naturally, get dehydrated quite frequently and drink at least a gallon of water a day to stay hydrated regardless of how good my diet is. According to my doctors orders, I eat a high protein low carb diet and I eat every 2-3 hours for a total of 5-6 meals a day. I exercise almost everyday. Lately however, I have noticed that I am even MORE thirsty than usual. Every few hours my urine is dark in color regardless of my drinking bottles of water. I haven't changed anything at all and it is not only annoying but concerning me. I am 21 years old, 5'3 and 110lbs. What could be the cause of this and should I see my doctor?

I drink 1-2 gallons of water in the course of a day. It is insane.

Favorite Answer

Yes its time to see your doctor soon. The fact that you are drinking so much water and still having dark concentrated urine which is indicitive of dehydration is serious. There is also such a thing as water toxicity, meaning you get very sick and it could be fatal if you consume too much water. You are drinking more than enough and still have signs/symptoms of dehydration which will make it almost impossible to tell just how much YOU specifically need. please schedule a doctor's appointment.

Source(s): Im a nurse

1

I;m hypoglycemic, but I'm only 14. But I'm just about the same height & weight as you.

It's weird, I've been drinking like 3 water bottles a day @ school for the past week?

I would suggest seeing a doctor, hope i helped!