I don't understand my Purdue University Admission result help please!?

Admission Term: Fall 2011

Admission Type: New First Time

Application Status: Decision Made

Decision: Denied Program/Offer Other WL

Current Program

Degree Seeking

Level: Undergraduate

Program: University Explorers

Catalog Term: Fall 2011

College: Undergraduate Studies Program

Campus: West Lafayette

Major: Explorers

Area of Interest: Liberal Arts

Date Created: Oct 26, 2010

My decision explanation is: Denied/Offer Other West Lafayette: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail offer of admission to alternative program of study at Purdue West Lafayette.

I don't understand what it means though. I would call although they sent this at 5:00 p.m and that's what time their office of admissions closes.

Favorite Answer

It sounds as if you were admitted to Purdue West Lafayette but not admitted to the program to which you applied. Since the Explorers program is a learning community, there may be an upper limit to the number of persons admitted. You should get a letter with more details soon.

Hi,

I also applied to Purdue for Fall 2011 and I recieved the same decision that you did. I believe that it means you were accepted but the major you intended is not available. I think you need to pick a different major.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck

• rehak

My Purdue

• armiso

Mypurdue

there is not any difficulty surely with what marks you get. besides the incontrovertible fact that, in case you get a rather good mark on severe college, for a corporation or layout degree, they are in a position to place you in a path tha t is swifter to bypass to their 2d year uni. 8months in basic terms. on the same time as others 12months in the previous they are in a position to bypass to the 2d year uni. do no longer count number on the mark. have self belief me. I make a mistake as quickly as, and it took rather some remorseful approximately till now. why i take corporation degree (even nevertheless it ought to vow me a destiny). It relies upon on what you desire to do. think of what job you desire to do on your total working life, what style activities you desire to do generally and in basic terms decide for it!! you do no longer could think of plenty to the destiny and what job for the the remainder of life (my Dad quote).

• dan

it means that you were not accepted.