:)
:) asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

How spaced out are your children in age?

And what are the pro's and con's to being close in age and far apart?

My daughters are 2 1/2 almost three years spaced out.

The reason I ask is my twins are 4 1/2 months old and I'm considering trying again soon. So they would probably be around 24 months apart. Is this enough? I wanted to breastfeed my twins until 24 months. Can you successfully breastfeed while pregnant ?

Favorite Answer

2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008... they are 8, 6, 4 and 2.... and all the best of friends... my kids are happiest when they are together

my first two are 2 y and 9 mos apart. I thought it was a good space, the oldest got to be a 'baby' for a good amount of time but they are still close ennough to want to play together. My last two are 19 mos apart. At first I was upset but I soon realized that even though the are a boy and a girl, they love each other s to bits and are the best friends and since they are so close in age, they are now mainly interested in same level of play( 3 and 4 y) my youngest never plays with her oldest brother ( 7 y, they have just over 4 y apart)

Its harder at first when you have more than one baby at the same time but after about a year, at least for me, its been great. I know some people who are close in age but dont get along at all but that also happens with a big age gap. So I think it jsut deoends on personalities.

I think having them closer together is better since then they can grow up together, if you space them to far apart they wont have anything in common.

You can breastfeed while pregnant in most cases so you shouldnt hold off just because of that but just consider that you already have a lot of kids and your twins are still young.. it wmight be a lot for you to get pregnant now.. but if you are up to it then go for it

10 months, 2 years, 3, & 4.

Pros: They are very close, and protective of eachother.

They all share (most of the time)

Cons: You have to make sure they each (aside of the youngest) get the same thing... or something similar.. Which isn't always easy. Because, they all want what the other has.

Now.. I don't see how that would be a problem. Personally, I do not know what it's like to breastfeed while pregnant... But I'm sure plenty of mothers have done it successfully.

To be frank, I am glad that my children are so close in age... Watching them all play, is just amazing. They all (2-4) want to take care of their youngest sibling.. It's just, I'm glad that it worked out the way it did.

Good luck.

Sorry not a parent. But my sister and I are 3years apart. My boyfriend and his siblings are 8 years for his sister and 10 for the oldest brother. Pros and cons of close together, they grow up together and have someone in the same mindset to talk to. Con is that there will be more competition between them. Thefartger apart they are, the more they will feel like an only child.

I'm not a parent but In my family we have 11 kids and we are...

Me, I'm 14, two 12 year olds, (one is adopted) 11 year old twins, a 9 year old, an 8 year old, a 7 year old, a 3 year old and 5 month old twins.

We like being kind of close together because I have a really good relationship with my oldest sisters that are 12 years old. But when you have tons of kids like us then you are likely to have 3 or 4 of them at a time that are really young. Like with me, my sister, and my twin sister and brother.

6 years, 5 years & 7 years.

Pros:

-- I always have somebody to help out with the younger kids.

-- They get along well.

-- They don't usually want the same toy, so sharing is a lot easier.

-- I had a chance to spend time with all of them before having another child.

Cons:

-- Sometimes they DON'T get along well, especially when they were younger and the youngest of the lot wanted to play while the older ones wanted to do something completely different and more difficult.

-- They have very different childhoods, and don't get to share the time when they are very young together.

To me, the pros outweigh the cons. I love having children that are far apart, they get along, I get time with each of them EQUALLY and they help each other out with everything.

Ok, i am 11, although i say i am 13 on this site... But i am 10 years apart from my sister, beleive it or not IT'S A PRO!!!!! It made me so much more mature because of having her, i have a bro who is 13. also i have a bro 12 years older than me, But i am telling you, because of that i can convince people on the internet that i am 15 O.O Haha, ok sorry about that, anyway it is actually good!!

personally i think its good to have children close in age 2 at a time (within 4 years age diffrence), because psychologically its a lot better for both of the children, they always have someone their age to play with and they tend to act better then children that are spaced out for more than 5 years and yes you can breast feed while pregnant because the breasts always create milk until the breastfeeding completely stops

2 years and 4 months to be exact. I think it's a good age difference, they'll be close enough in age but I didn't have them right on top of each other.

my daughter will be 2 1/2 when my son is born. pro theyll grow up together

con ill be chasing around a toddler when im trying to care for a newborn