Which is wiser, getting a degree you love or getting a degree that's more employable?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Without a doubt, go for the degree you love, because, if you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life...

To get the job you want, never lose sight of the fact that employment opportunities go to those who are most qualified. That means bust your a** and get top grades!

I wish somebody had given me this advice...

Source(s): . Experience... .
  • eri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That depends on how employable the degree you love is. I loved physics, which is very employable. Women's studies? Not so much. But you don't want to major in something you hate either. It's a real trade-off.

• 1 decade ago

I'm stuck with a similar problem right now actually :S and I keep going back to the degree that I love... the other one I'm leaving as my fall back option :/ do whatever your heart desires. Don't listen to what others say, you'll get carried away and end up doing something you dislike :/ good luck!

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

For undergrad do what you love - for post-grad do what will get you a job. Most post-grad degrees are not fussed about what you do undergrad .

Thanks

Bill

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Always go for your passion. In life, to be happy is to be free, and to be free is to be wise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.