Which is wiser, getting a degree you love or getting a degree that's more employable?

Favorite Answer

.

Without a doubt, go for the degree you love, because, if you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life...

To get the job you want, never lose sight of the fact that employment opportunities go to those who are most qualified. That means bust your a** and get top grades!

I wish somebody had given me this advice...

.

Source(s): . Experience... .
  • eri

That depends on how employable the degree you love is. I loved physics, which is very employable. Women's studies? Not so much. But you don't want to major in something you hate either. It's a real trade-off.

I'm stuck with a similar problem right now actually :S and I keep going back to the degree that I love... the other one I'm leaving as my fall back option :/ do whatever your heart desires. Don't listen to what others say, you'll get carried away and end up doing something you dislike :/ good luck!

• Bill

For undergrad do what you love - for post-grad do what will get you a job. Most post-grad degrees are not fussed about what you do undergrad .

Thanks

Bill

Always go for your passion. In life, to be happy is to be free, and to be free is to be wise.