Why he giving me this attention?

there is a guy i know from abroad we are relatives but not very close ,,he lives in ireland ,year ago he added me on the facebook and but we didn't had alot together i mean no message or even comments or likes ....ect (just a name in my list ) a month ago he came back and i saw him by accident in college (we both studied in the same place but he graduated before me ) he said hi to me and we chat together ( he is soo nice and very polite) then i was surprised me by asking my phone no ( i gave it to him). then after he went back to ireland he sent me a message in FB , just to say hi ,after that he sent message in my phone ( i mean he is keeping attention to me ) im just wondering why he suddenly showing me this attention ( does he like me...) or there is nothing going and iam just imagining that ??? really i need ur advise specially guys ??

Favorite Answer

Yeah, to me it sounds like he's just being friendly. Maybe he's even a little socially awkward, you know? I think maybe you could better gauge what he's after by going on the Video Chat Rounds thingy on Facebook with him -- like if you could see him on webcam for a little bit, you could see how he was reacting to you (like, is he trying to be flirtatious or just regular friendly)...I wouldn't worry too much. If it makes you that uncomfortable, you can just stop responding to his messages.

Many Irish people are brought up to be polite and nice to people anyway like flattering you and never putting you down, so I don't think that can count. Maybe he's just being friendly to you. Maybe he does like you. Your in the best position to judge. I'd say that you should just reply to him as you would anybody else and if he does like you he'll probably make it clear soon enough. Alterantively you could keep your distance and never find out, but the fact that he lives in a different country and that you're relatives would make me think he's just being friendly. But that's up for you to decide :)