let me get this straight..cuz im a "yellow" black woman i have it easier than dark skinned black woman?

people where i live call light skinned women "yellow" girl..

Favorite Answer

i would not think so. if anything, you probably catch more bullcrap about it from darker black folks to go along with what you already catch from whites. if a company is looking to hire a black woman, you may not even be " black " enough to get hired. i know that sucks, but it could be the case.

• Rue

What the heck is a "yellow" black woman? You're either light, medium, or dark. If you're biracial you're not even a black woman. Regardless the only thing saving light skinned people in general is their skin tone. That being said yes you might just have it easier.

Hm. I'm always real so I won't stop now. We might be more accepted in society right now but that doesn't mean our struggles are any less than that of other black women, and for someone to imply that denotes ignorance.

Dark skinned is so much better than light skinned. I'm not trying to offend you, but yellow is not a race. and this is ignorant.

• .

i know the media has an obsession with lighter skin and i've had my share of colorstruck guys who wanted to date me just for being lighter. they can kick rocks.

i actually find darker skin more appealing.

no who said

@ ahriane loves sushi. if you're going to clone me atleast get a picuture of me thts not 4 yrs old loser

You sure do. Men like you more, you have a better chance of landing a white man, you get more media coverage, and you tend to have better bodies. I hate you all, and I know you think your all that, which is why I beat you broads down in the streets.

huh? not really.

what?