I need project ideas for dropping an egg securely onto the ground?

I'm thinking of making a design where I put a box into a bigger box, and put that into a bigger box. Then I would fill the open spaces with something that could absorb the impact...

Any ideas for that "something"?

If you have other ideas please state them...The rule for this project is

1. The container can be of any design, but may NOT include any type of the following: bubble wrap, styrofoam, packing peanuts, foam rubber, egg-crate padding, cotton balls, balloons, sponges ,NO FOOD PRODUCTS, toilet paper, tissue, toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, etc………. . . .

Thanks applesauce, I might use that idea..

But wouldnt sand be kind of heavy? I need it to be less than 200grams

Would it still work

use a coffee can and put sand in it. Then dig a hole in the sand, place the egg in, replace the sand, and put newspaper on top. close the lid over the newspaper. this works cus sand absorbes the shock of the fall. just make sure that you tape on the lid securely. is this project by a mr. D by any chance????

oh i did this last year, i named my egg oscar

but heres what i did,

i got a shoe box, and i put cotton on the bottom, put the egg on the cotton, and then i putjust regular shredded paper on top of it

and trust me, itllsurvive :D

i mean we dropped itfrom bleachers for science, the 3rd story of the school , he asnt cracked or anything:D

Source(s): personal expierence

Parachute and cushion! Yesssss! ?(?????)? Or how a pair of long tube to the floor, with a protection internet catching it, or in basic terms a field of water. Or am I overlooking the regulations? (?_?)