My built-in webcam isnt being detected? help?

I have a lenovo ideapad with windows vista. For whatever reason, my webcam can't be detected. I also have veriface, which is supposed to scan your eyes to log in. (I can still log in using my password) MY question is where do I go to fix this issue, do I have to re-install my webcam?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Nate
    Favorite Answer

I had this issue with my lap-top and Windows 7. The solution was to go the company's website and reinstall the most recent driver for the webcam. Since you're using lenovo ideapad, I would go to this page: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/driversdow... (If this isn't your specific laptop, just set it to the driver for your laptop) and download the driver for your camera. Good luck!

It may need to be manually turned on if you don't have it set to run at the start up. Not sure where that would be though. It could also be a driver issue. Look up the drivers for your laptop and reinstall the one for your webcam. Make sure to make a restore point before doing so. This will ensure that you have a way to fix the rest of your computer if it messes it up.

Some cams are known to not to be compatible with vista. I know about some driver-updates, but unfortunately vista is not mentioned what you could try is a win7-compatible driver but there is no guarantee. check for your model and related downloads at:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDow...

greetings and good luck,

Jan

amberwork.com

you are able to ought to ensure skype settings once you're logged in. you will opt to ensure your enter and output units to confirm what the defaults are. frequently, Skype could be utilising a distinctive putting is all. in case you have digital camera utility on your computer particularly then attempt beginning that application up 1st just to ensure the cam itself is functioning in homestead windows. if so, then it is obviously basically a putting interior the administration panel or in each and every video able application concepts there. Btw: which working device is on your computer and which internet cam make/variety/ version are you utilising?