Dry skin!exfoliating and moisturising?

My skin is normal and oily on my tzone..I get spots in my chin..around my nose and between my eyebrows..I've tried using spot creams but they dry my skin out so I stopped using them..I'm not asking about getting rid of the spots though..I have slightly flaky dry skin around my nose and between my eyebrows..you don't notice or feel it really it's just when I put on foundation that you can see it..I use simple face wash and moisturiser and I exfoliate often but I can't get rid of the dry skin..I've tried richer moisturizers but they make me break out..any ideas on how to remove the sry dead skin??

• Rosa
    Favorite Answer

I have the same problem during the winter time so this is what I do. I use Clinique 7-Day Cream Scrub and I add Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst relief to my normal skincare regime. I use the moisture surge as well as my normal moisturizer (Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer). Also masking or using micro-dermobrasion really helps. When my skin gets really dry I try a light night cream.

Hope I helped;)

From Epinions: "If you are skin is really dry use a creamy moisturizing foundation such has Maybelline's Smooth Result Makeup, Mac's Full Coverage, Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20,Hard Candy's Hint Tint and Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15 and Models Prefer Perfect Match Moisturizing Make Up." They also suggest that you apply a cream or a balm if you have extremely dry skin. I would also recommend a very moisturizing, non-drying cleanser, such as the very gentle and inexpensive Ponds Cold Cream, which does not strip skin and actually adds moisture. I would also sleep with a heavy-duty night cream such as Burt's Bee's Night Cream, or I also LOVE Oil of OIay Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment. I also have extremely dry skin, and since I live in New England, I find that I have to be very careful to moisturize, but I was also very impressed by the results I got with the addition of the Regenerist line, and by using Ponds Cold Cream regularly. As far as the foundations, I have heard extremely excellent things about the Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier lines, which are the brands of choice for many makeup artists, and I think the Maybelline is great extremely inexpensive choice as well. Hope this helps! Take care! :-)

Sounds like combination skin. Personally a light oil works on still moist skin. Virgin coconut oil is good for the skin and it's natural. Don't forget the skin needs moisture from within too. Consider water instead of sodas, that dry out the skin due to the dehydrating ingredients. After cleansing your face and neck, consider using an alcohol-free toner on a clean facial pad to remove the cleansing residue and deep cleaning your pores. The on a slightly damp clean facial pad, add a few drops of VCO (virgin coconut oil) to your face and neck. After allowing the VCO to be absorbed, you can blot your skin with a clean facial tissue.

Source(s): For more information you can check the web for benefits of virgin coconut oil for the skin

for a good quick fix, go to a beautician and ask them to a diamond/crystal dermabrasion. works like magic for me. but its a little expensive though, usually $150 and above.