Anonymous

Why do lighter skinned or mix girl be acting like they is better than us darker women?

I dont mean to sound like I am hating, because I am happy and proud to be a curvy dark skinned woman, but I do notice lighter skinned broads or mixed women seem to think they are better than everyone else and can have any man they want. It actually really makes me angry, like I wanna fight them or something. They all seem to think the same way too, so I want to know, how do they get to the idea they are better than al other bIacks?

Favorite Answer

there are a number of racial steriotypes represented of african-americans within our society. these stereotypes stem from a historical record of media influences. the word mulatto has been used to discribe a person from black and white heritage. Mulatto comes from the word Mule, which is an animal born from mating a horse and a donkey. Horses are powerful creatures held high in society while a donkey is just used for other labor and isnt as powerful as a horse. now their offspring a mule is not as great as a horse, but soooo much better then a donkey; according to society. this is what Bulatto has stemed from during slavery and such.

So for your question. light skinned gils or mixed girls dont think their better then darker women, its just a notion society has stemed about them just like in my example above. they are not as great as their white mother or father; according to society... but they are better then their black mother or father; according to society. they are just truely trying to fit in and be accepted by both groups; but in todays society it is hard because the media has such a influence on how we think. images we see daily are suppose to be a representation of who we are, but the representation we see is false. we only see light skinned girls with "nice" hair (who says whats nice hair...the media) on magazine or videos. same thing goes for men, they see whats on TV and its human nature to want to have it.Its not light skinned women thinking they are better but its you thinking they are better and secretly maybe wanting the things the media glamorizes. research shows they the light skinned black girl is actually always portrayed as a tragic figure... Jezebel... she doesnt know how to be accepted by blacks as well as whites so she trys extra hard by being easy, sexy, dumb, a *****.....

dont play into what the media has created in self image. any every culture its the same. india, china, cuba.. etc. light vs dark.... but in reality we are all people of color and we need to come together as one community and change these representations in the media that WHITE people have for 100's of years portrayed :(

It's in your head. You see their confidence and automatically assume its geared towards you being black. News flash the world doesn't revolve around you. People aren't out to get you even though you mom treated you like crap to prepare for the delusions. Ya some people may be but majority are just annoyed by your anger and ignorant assumptions. Ive had so many black girls suck there teeth at Me and accuse me of this **** for just being happy.. idgaf about you or really even notice you or anyone else for that matter. Ive been done with the I'm better than you game since hs. Even back then I was jealous of their bodies and different hairstyles. So stop accusing the wrong people.

I whole-heartedly agree. When I matured and I finally gained an awareness, I stopped watching BET altogether. BET doesn't respect me as a darkskinned woman... it doesn't even respect the Black community!! They do not show productive, intelligent, and positive programs AT ALL anymore. Like the other users stated, they perpetuate our stereotypes. If a foreigner watched BET for a day to gain some insight on what Black Americans are about, what do you think his/her impression of us would be? Can you just imagine?! Aside from BET refusing to show more quality Black films and television shows but instead pure coonery every gotdamn day... and their refusal to embrace ALL genres of music that we make rather than just the worse of commerical hip hop and this bubble-gum r&b... they really do showcase more mixed and Latina girls than Black girls. I was really through with them when they replaced the first (and only) Black female host of 106th and Park with Latina girls (first Jullisa, then finally Rocsi... and after Rocsi will be another non-Black woman). There is CLEARLY an agenda against Black women... but I do think that it goes a little beyond that and it is to mortify and hurt the image of us ALL. "Do you see black women on the cover of Asian and Latino men's interest magazines?" Good, and VERY TRUE, observation. I am conviced that Black women have the harshest stigma placed upon them because all forms of the media are making it appear that even our own men don't desire us anymore. Self-hating Black male celebrities who talk badly about Black women (Ocho Cinco or whatever) and every male singer and rapper calling out every race of women but their own aren't helping the case either. . .

I have no clue what you mean. I'm mixed and I don't think I'm better than all black women, or any race for that matter. If I thought I was better than you, it would be for a good reason, not just because you're darker than me.

Because Black Men take more interest in them.

It's all about who gets the more attention from the opposite Sex.

I have black friends who do not think Dark skinned women are attractive. unfourunatley, even their own men in alot of cases would rather be with a White, asian or Latina.

It's a white dominated world. The closer you are to white,t he better. You should know that.

Of course, light-skinned Blacks would be seen as closer to white, so they are higher on the social totem pole that the white man has engineered and implemented globally.

Source(s): I'm Black and tired of living in the white man's world.

maybe their jealous of you and your good looks or something. I know i'd love to be a darker skin colour, you age MUCH better then us white folk=]

I don't know, but I think you should just be confident with yourself and let THEM come on yahooanswers with questions about why dark black women think they are better.

I think dark skin women are sexy as hell. Other girls are just jealous

If you don't have a good palette then it doesn't matter about how 'good' the coloring supposedly is. You feel me clone.