What is it wrong with my Light?

My kitchen light is giving me a lotta trouble. I turn on the switch and it most often takes at least 5 tries before it goes on. I changed the bulb (florescent bulb and fixture) but the same thing is happening. I'm thinking maybe the switch but could it be something else?

Favorite Answer

It is not your switch if it was it would not turn on at all or always stay dim. The ballast is out in the fixture you can buy new ones for most lights and they are pretty cheap. It takes a little bit of wiring to put them in but if you can read and see color you should be able to do it, just remember to turn the power off at the circuit breaker and if you doubt you abilities can an electrician.

in spite of the actuality that Einstein made us comprehend that element replace into no longer a consistent element, it has introduced approximately some very nicely-known misconceptions. i think of that even a neophyte is familiar with that element variations in accordance to community structures in assessment to distant structures is a synthetic build. the fact which the international of technological awareness has doggedly prevented is that there is something that's absolute; and that that's by contrast absolute element that relative velocities count ultimately. In different words, that's punctiliously a threat for the relative (differential) speed between 2 products to be far in far extra than the value of light; it occurs perfect now if we evaluate the universe that would desire to exist exterior of our means to be sure it, that's, that's moving faraway from us at swifter than mild. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that, in terms of the cloth of the universe (area itself), no longer something can holiday swifter than mild. The question then arises: if 2 area automobiles have been vacationing at 0.6 c and that they have been vacationing in opposite guidelines to a minimum of one yet another and that they exceeded one yet another, what would they word approximately the different? the respond in recent times does no longer make experience as that's punctiliously believed that that's impossible to be sure something of the different craft... and technically previous impossible. For that's understood that as an merchandise tactics the value of light, its length shrinks as spoke of with the help of a non-moving observer... till which element its length is 0 on the value of light. for this reason making the respond, the "seen length" of the different craft would be decrease than 0. that's erroneous. the main appropriate answer (defined in the articles linked under) is that the observers of each and every craft would see the different craft because it would many times seem because of fact the two crafts are of a similar time-device.

if it is a CFC screw in type flourescent bulb its probably the switch. If its a tube type bulb its most likely the ballast in the fixture itself. Try the switch first, easy 99 cent fix if thats the problem.

Source(s): Experience

it sounds like the wall switch to me. sounds to me like the contacts are worn in the switch.

• ken k

what is year make and model and trans and miles on your light car?