Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

running programs through notepad?

i recently discovered a way to run cmd through notepad, now when i get onto it on a certain computer, some options are blocked with "access denied" i assume if i ran cmd in elevated mode then i would be able to get past this, so can i run admin cmd from notepad, and how?

thanks

Update:

hmmm, did i say i was going to try and "hack" "like on movies", ummm, no. i asked a question, so nice one (Y)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Ash
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Simple, NO

You can only use notepad within the constraints of your profile, so even if you can run CMD through notepad, Which CMD can be run through many other ways, so you havnt found anything special, you couldnt do anything with it, also what makes so many people think that just because they can access CMD they can now hack through all sorts of servers etc, just because you see it in the movies doesnt make it real ...

I will rue the day people stop asking stupid pointless questions like this...

Ash

###########

sorry

I didnt mean to be idealistic,

you can run programs via .bat scripts if you need to, load up a notepad, and type the commands you were going to use with CMD into it, then save as somefile.bat, this is the most advanced way of getting passed admin blocks i know of, if you are trying to use CMD to access finctions on a network you may have trouble, but if it is on a local machine when you have the bat file ready, right click and select run as administrator, then when the username and password box comes up, type:

Username: Administrator

Password: There is no paswrod for the top level system administrator

this should get you arround any local security measures, below i have provided you a simple batch file example, which should get you on your way, copy and paste the code into a notepad and name it something.bat

:Code:

@echo off

:start

color 7

cls

echo Welcome

echo =======

echo.

pause

echo choose a color that you would like to change the text to below

echo.

echo R = Red

echo B = Blue

echo G = Green

echo Y = Yellow

:section 1

set /p color= Make your choice ?

if /i %color%== R (color c && goto section 2) else (goto b)

:b

if /i %color%== B (color 9 && goto section 2) else (goto g)

:g

if /i %color%== G (color a && goto section 2) else (goto y)

:y

if /i %color%== Y (color e && goto section 2) else (echo Sorry invalid choice please try again && pause && goto start)

:section 2

cls

echo Welcome

echo =======

echo.

echo As you can see the color has changed,

echo.

Set /p ta= Press Y if you want to try it again, press any other key if not:

if /i %ta%== Y (goto start && color 7) else (goto section 3 && color 7)

:section 3

cls

echo Welcome

echo =======

echo.

color 7

echo Now to use this method to start a program you just have to add "start" and the program name or directory for example i will now make internet explorer come up, i will turn the commands on so you can see how i do it ...

echo.

echo.

pause

cls

@echo on

start iexplore.exe

start http://answers.yahoo.com/

echo.

@echo. See how internet exlplorer started,

pause

cls

@echo off

echo.

echo Thats all i can show you for now, but there are quite a few things that you can do via batch files, and i hope that you can eventually do them all, just type batch file commands into google to get a helpfull list of everything you can do

echo.

echo.

pause

set /p exit= This script will now exit Y/N :

if /i %exit%== Y (exit) else (goto start)

:end of code:

remember to see this in its full glory, copy and paste all of the code into a notepad and call the notepad something.bat

then run it and enjoy, that was all done on the fly so you will have to excuse any errors, but it was an example of how easy a batch file is to make, other types of files you can look into are .vbs and simple .exe both use a considerably different way of writing them but both are also consderably more powerfull, with an exe being the most powerfull.

Hope you Like, and again i cant apologize enough for being judgemental

Ash

Source(s): I'm a genius
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.