Does this sound like stress?

I always pick at my fingernails and toes, and I always seem tense. I get overwhelmed really easily, and I feel like not many people understand me. I get headaches alot, but they aren't that bad... Is this stress? I am 13 years old.

Favorite Answer

FIrst of all you need to try different experiments and treatments on you. Try asking your friends of your problems and then see if their solutions are what what you want to hear. Whenever you want to pick your nails busy yourself into activities such as playing games or doing homework. Take it easy. Try drinking a lot of water, it will reallly help and maintan a healthy diet.

P.S: do not do an activity that you find annoying, change it.

Source(s): Stress Guru

Well,seeing as your only 13..and at this young age along with your hormones...which play a huge role with your feelings and emotions and at times your physical actions.I'm guessing that what your now going through is nothing more than average teenage hormones.Like you said,your only 13,and this is about the same time your hormones come in to play.And also,it does sound like your a little on the nervous side.Just don't start thinking or even believing that your either depressed,have an anxiety disorder or even bi polar.So many young teenagers are claiming to have these mental health disorders nowadays,or they go onto a symptom checker site and actually will diagnose themselves 'via' the internet.They actually believe they have a mental health illness by a silly online symptom checker.These online sites are 100% bogus to me.... Just hang in there dear,and all will soon enough fall into place,ok? Just try and relax a little try some meditation for a while during the mornings before school.They really help with stress..Good luck to you and I hope all works out for the best.

Yes. You need to see a someone who will teach you how to calm down and relax your mind. If you feel this stressed out at 13, how are you ever going to cope with 21. Talk to your school counsellor or nurse or a teacher. Do your parents know? That might be a good place to start. Good Luck!

No you are just a nervous person. You will either grow out of it or else carry this all your life and learn to cope.

Source(s): I'm a nervous person too!