Any Anatomy project ideas?

I have to do an Anatomy project on muscles. It has to be about muscle contraction or on the parts of a muscle. My teacher was very vague on details. She said I could basically do anything. I'm a little stuck. I don't have a clue as to what I can do. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Show how the muscles in our legs contract when we run. Voluntary muscle contraction. Skeletal muscle. Call it a day in the life of an athlete (pick your favorite athlete) example Jeremy Warner, Usain Bolt. These are medal winning Olympians.

Voluntary muscle contraction is controlled by the central nervous system. Voluntary muscle contraction occurs as a result of conscious effort originating in the brain. The brain sends signals, in the form of action potentials, through the nervous system to the motor neuron that innervates several muscle fibers. In the case of some reflexes, the signal to contract can originate in the spinal cord through a feedback loop with the grey matter. Involuntary muscles such as the heart or smooth muscles in the gut and vascular system contract as a result of non-conscious brain activity or stimuli proceeding in the body to the muscle itself.

Source(s): wikipedia.com