Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

It's ok to start weight lifting at 15 ? please answer?

i am 15 years old and i started trainnig with dumbbells at home for bench, shoulders and arms, but i want to go to a gym and there i will lift alot of weights is that is ok for my age ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a ton of kids at my gym that are around that age lifting weights.I think it is only a bad thing for a little kid to lift weights like an 8 year old who is still rapidly growing. For someone older like you it is fin but i suggest meeting with a trainer or taking a 1 time class on lifting from the gym (most offer them) to prevent injury and so you know what you are doing.

• 1 decade ago

They told my brother to wait until he was fully developed. But he was benching 350 by age of 15. He's also very big fir his age. U need to ask ur parents to get u a personal trainer but if it isn't afordable for ur family if there is a YMCA around u then their are people there that can help u

• 1 decade ago

It's fine to lift weights at your age, but unhealthy to over-do it. Your age does not matter about how much weight is your limit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sandiego is a nice placee to live

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ye

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.