Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

It's ok to start weight lifting at 15 ? please answer?

i am 15 years old and i started trainnig with dumbbells at home for bench, shoulders and arms, but i want to go to a gym and there i will lift alot of weights is that is ok for my age ?

Favorite Answer

There are a ton of kids at my gym that are around that age lifting weights.I think it is only a bad thing for a little kid to lift weights like an 8 year old who is still rapidly growing. For someone older like you it is fin but i suggest meeting with a trainer or taking a 1 time class on lifting from the gym (most offer them) to prevent injury and so you know what you are doing.

They told my brother to wait until he was fully developed. But he was benching 350 by age of 15. He's also very big fir his age. U need to ask ur parents to get u a personal trainer but if it isn't afordable for ur family if there is a YMCA around u then their are people there that can help u

It's fine to lift weights at your age, but unhealthy to over-do it. Your age does not matter about how much weight is your limit.

sandiego is a nice placee to live

ye