90
90 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

what is up with my dog?

every time my dog come home from a walk she will get all crazy and wild

Favorite Answer

If your dog has that much energy when you get back from a walk then you haven't exercised her long enough.

She is energized, and feeling her oats, as they say. She may also be happy to get home again, or even be telling you that she would like to go again. It has so much to do with reading her little signals. She obviously feels a lot like playing. More than likely, she has also developed more endurance, too.

She's feelin' goood, still wants to play.

Maybe it would be good to play catch the ball in your back yard, or a bit more reserved in the living-room or hallway. Frisbee is also a nice way for an energetic dog to burn off some energy

Source(s): 65 years of having dogs, doing pet rescue/adoption, and humane education.

We need more detail... I mean, "every time my dog come home from a walk she will get all crazy and wild" isn't really describing ANYTHING at all.

• KLC

When you take the dog for a walk, her senses are heightened to all sorts of different changing stimulation. New and different sounds, smells sights...etc. In a sense, she is on point or on guard. As a result, her behavior reflects that heightened awareness with caution and calm behavior. When you return home she has familiar surroundings and feels comfortable with them. In a way, she is happy to be back home.

probably separation anxiety. If she does not have enough toys for when your gone to keeper her busy, with the combination of you making a big deal whenever you leave can cause this in most dogs.

I believe they are really glad you took them for a walk, it is just like them saying "That was great getting out of the house!!

Source(s): My dogs do the same thing!! they seem to be so very happy and feeling good

my dog does that too. I think hes just excited to be home lol

• Laura

Are you walking her long enough for her breed requirements? Perhaps she is asking you to stay out longer, perhaps she is just excited to be back in her 'den' with her pack...

Your dog is mind controlled by aliens in another realm. They think earth sucks ***.

I don't think there is actually anything "wrong" with your dog. She prolly just wanted to run.