How do you become a Top Contributor in Religion and Spirituality if you don't even belong in any religion?

I noticed how most TC here are Atheists. Why is that? How could you possibly answer a religious question if you don't belong in one? I know you can know facts about religion without belonging in one but rarely do I see TCs produce a viable answer wihtout resorting to a copy-paste. Or does it depend on how witty your answers are? Just curious. You DO know that this section is the most unorganized and incivilized section there is here on Y!A.

@Season- I also noticed in my time here how pitiful your answers are. Most of which are composed of mocking and witty comebacks to the questions of religious people. You are the primary example of what I'm talking about. WHY do you get to the TC if you don't even HELP people with their queries?

Favorite Answer

I don't have to be a cat to answer questions about them. Or a microchip to program them.

Do you like hamburger? Perhaps that explains you predilection to BS.

There's plenty who aren't atheists (me included, Jewish) but what the hell, it's only a calculation based on % of Best Answers and being on here far too much (I've found I lose the TC badge every time I spend a bit of time away from this madhouse). And if atheists give good answers, they're going to get the BA, aren't they?

Oh, and I do mind the insult. I never use copy and paste, other than an occasional, acknowledged, quotation. I'm not witty.

Oh, and the words you're reaching for are 'disorganised' and 'uncivilised'. And there's nothing wonderful in other sections, that I've seen. If you want 'uncivilised', try Israel or Gender Studies.

If your insults to Season are a mark of how 'religious' (I suspect you mean 'Christian') people behave, I'll take the atheists, thanks.

1st Q - This past year, the Pew Forum on Religion and the Public Life published a paper that showed that Agnostics/Atheists outscored everyone on a religious knowledge survey. As far as getting to be a TC, it's been covered by a previousl answer - it's just the way the ranking system works.

2nd Q - Maybe they are helping, albeit in a circumloquacious type of way. Public mockery would either break people out of their practices or insulate them further from such as those who would mock belief.

I think TC is based on the number of Best Answer votes you get.

I have a TC label, but it has nothing to do with this section. What I mostly get here is thumbs down and entertainment. I am a TC in other categories.

The TC badge relates to knowledge not to what type of person you are.

I'm not saying that all (or even most) TC badge holders are knowledgeable, but you seem to be saying that only religious people should have TC bagdes.

• ?

"How could you possibly answer a religious question if you don't belong in one?"

Shocking isn't it?

I found out that the TC's in the Royalty section are not Kings and Queens!!!

Not only that, but how can people who aren't cats, dogs or bunnies get TC in the Pets section? What's with that?

EDIT: "incivilized"? That's unpossible.

• Murzy

TCs answer lots of Qs in one category

• Belle

Because atheists know more about religion than most religious people. You know, because we actually like, read stuff and take things for more than face value. Therefore we get more best answers.

* Because you haven't seen that I have HUNDREDS of answers. You don't see how I answer off the front page of R&S. Stop hating. It's just a badge.

• Nathan

It's just if you're lucky I expect.

I would like to have a TC badge but no chance of that happening.