Birth control question?

Ok so about a month ago I started a birth control my doctor prescribed me, well I ended up switching to a diff one but the new one wasn't strong enough, so I go switched back to my old one, does my body have become readjusted to it again? So if I have sex with my bf do I need to use a condom? And disregard STDs please, I don't have them and neither does he. Please help?

Favorite Answer

I would just to be safe. The BC's you are taking might consist of different things.

• Yes, you should use a condom. You are not fully protected by birth control unless you have used it for a month and even then sometimes they fail. That means that you have to use the same type of birth control for a solid month before having sex without a condom.

And, just because I'm noisy, what do you mean when you say it wasn't strong enough?

i would recommend to use a condom for the next month or so just in case, because these are hormones and your body will be changing for some time getting used to them. you might even bleed or miss a period but that's very normal in this case. just don't keep going back and forth

If you did not take a break between the pills and just went from Brand A's pack to Brand B's pack, then there is no reason to use back-up.

im sure your fine.