Shaunie asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I Almost Died Last Night...Did God wake me up ? I am so grateful?

I was cooking after a long shift at work. I dozed off on the couch while a pot of oil was boiling. I was about to fry some food. I woke up and there was a fire in my kitchen on the stove. I live in a duplex with 2 levels so I have neighbors. I woke up to seeing a flaming light in my kitchen. The house was really smoke filled. I grabbed a bowl filled it and threw it on the fire which grew, I grabbed the pot full of flames off of the stove and threw it in the sink where the water was running. i managed to get the fire out but the fire fighters were knocking at my front door. I was about to have a drink and relax before cooking but decided against it. Do u think the alcohol would have put me into a deep sleep if I had drunk it. I have carpet and the couch I was sleeping on is right in front of the kitchen. I feel really lucky yet I am still frightened to cook and embarassed that my neighbors may think i am a horrible neighbor. How did I just wake up like this ? I was sleep for about 15 minutes

If u dont believe in God u can feel free to answer. How did i just awake so suddenly before what have could been my death

Favorite Answer

It could have been God, it could have been coincidence. This type of events usually bring born again Christians to light. Are you one of them? Take care.

Your senses woke you up. Your ignorance on how to handle oil fires almost took not only your life but those tenants of your building as well. Never throw anything on an oil fire. Just put a lid on it and move the pot off the burner and leave it set there until it is cool. Anytime you cook with oil, you should have the matching lid ready to use.

In my opinion nothing short of a miracle though there are many logical ways you could have waken up and other sorts of explainations , I personally beleive that sometimes you gave to give credit to the unseen force ( I used this term as not to offend anybody ) but in the end it's your opinion whether you think it was god or not

• I don't believe in god. I think it was subconscious. I have had several near death experiences I have been shot 8 times in afghanistan, survived 2 roadside bombs and survived a broken spine from 1 of them. And I know the feeling when you almost die it's a huge sigh of relief ain't it?

cool story

uhm you would have smelt smoke any way, god had nothing to do with anything he isnt real.